Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. How early can you get the nesting instinct?

How early can you get the nesting instinct? Lock Rss

Hi all,

I'm 23 weeks today and I have been getting the nesting urge for at least a week now, to the point where I will exhaust myself!

What the? Then once I feel exhausted, I start worrying I'm doing too much and might cause myself problems.

Anyone else get this and how did you control the urge?

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

I bought my cot and everything except for the car seat when I was 20 weeks, and cleaned up ready. I gave birth at 23.2 weeks, my daughter weighed 450 grams and came home 5 months later weighing 1.89kg. I bought my car seat 2 days after she was born, the same day they told me to turn off the life support, I said she was coming home so went out and bought it. She's now a healthy, happy intelligent 3yr old.

Mum to Brooke 23.2 weeks, 450 grams now 3.5 yrs

I don't think there is an actual time you will get it - some get it and some don't and when it happens is different too. I had it early in the pregnancy (around when you did) and it went away (much to my partner's disappointment) and it's starting to come back again butall that is left is furniture removal so if I even look at the things that are being moved I get in big trouble. Once it's all moved I'll go cleaning crazy. I'm also getting someone in to clean for me just before my family arrives in a few weeks so I don't exhaust myself. With my wedding coming up I dont want to exhaust myself into an early labour lol. I'm already slightly convinced this bub is going to come early!

No need to really curb the urge but you do need to make sure you aren't exhausting yourself - that's when it's no good for either of you!!!

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this topic