Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. premmie baby 14 weeks too early

premmie baby 14 weeks too early Lock Rss

hey guys
caitlin got her first tooth on the 21st and then her 2nd on xmas eve, man my little girl is growing up so quickly.
she just hasnt been her self the passed 3 days/nights, and i can totally understand her man they do have some pain with the teeth dont they.
my niece has been unsettled too i think shes got cholic and refulx. so im on the ball with it and given my sis some stuff caitlin was on for reflux, although she never had cholic. well guys im off to bed i got the flu and its drivng me nuts, have a geat new year and i will see u all after ...
yep we had a great xmas too much to do but was great and santa spoilt caitlin again!

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi i too had a premmie baby last yr on 24/6/04 she died 6 hrs after i had her she was born 16 weeks early and weighed 1lbs 3 ozs
I'm now pregnant again just gone 6 weeks so hoping all goes well this time round

hey jubes.
wow fingers are crossed this time.
i have a premmie site set up if u wanna join it, its for parents who ahve had a premmie or lost a child.
email me at kaz_april@yahoo.com
would love to have u there.

hey guys,
its been a while..... we had caitlin is doing great we had a ped appointment on friday and she is 6.9kgs and 69 cm and HC is 41 cm.....she is growing..she is now 15 months. still isnt walking on her own shes had one too many falls and is now scared......
we had her 12 months growth and develpoment test and she passed with flying colours she is average and above average for everything like her motor skills ect ect we are waiting for the full report to come which should be here soon!!
YAY i cant wait...
anyways gusy until i get the report ill see ya all..

Hi Kaz and friends.I've just finished reading about all your brave little darlings and am thankful that I had 3 healthy pregnancies and 3 bubs that went close enough to full term (the earliest was 5 weeks and 5lb 3oz but very heakthy). The boys are now 8,6 and 1 1/2 years old. Your postings should be made into a book. (I'm serious) They are so interesting, inspiring and moving that I'm sure it would be a bestseller, and if not then a great keepsake for when Caitlin is grown up. Kaz, you must make sure you at least print every page of messages as a reminder of those early days. Anyway, take care all. Hope to read more soon. Tania.

NSW, 3 boys 8,6 & 1 1/2 years

hey tania,
thanks yeah what a road hey, i am meanning to print the pages i will one day.

5 weeks is still pretty early my sis have my niece at 35 weeks last november and she was 3 pounds.

i guess were all lucky to have healthy kiddies hey...

what was the reason for ur son to come 5 weeks early?

hi just reading all ur post very interesting and amazing what a little fighter, would i be able to see a few photos of when she was born address is shodge83@bigpond.net au

Shelley, NSW, Breanna 19/11/04, Lachlan 5/01/07

hi karen,
Hows everything going???? hows caitlin going??? Have you got her full report yet?

My boys are doing really well now (8 weeks premmie) the littlest one is now 4.7kgs the bigger one 6.1kgs my little man still has a little catching up to do ,but I'm sure he will be up to his brothers weight in no time.
They are now 21 weeks old (13 weeks adjusted).
i am just starting to see if they will sleep through at night, my bigger one has sometimes but I still feel I need to feed the smaller one. Although he did go 6 hrs last night.
They are both starting to laugh now which is ssooooooo cute.
Anyway talk again soon
Janelle

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

hey janelle.
caitlin is good still bno full report i actually forgot about it...
ill give them a call. if i dont have it by the end of next week,

thats is so great to hear the boys are doing really well.... 4.7 kgs is great for 13 weeks my niece is 4 months now and is almost 5 kgs or she is 3 1/2 months ahh i dont know abot that anyways...
yeah when they google and laugh its so cute. their gummy smiles are the best.....

are they still having test done? have they got the all clear?

to have twins at 32 weeks was good too... they sound like they are going great janelle. well done..

Hi Kaz, My first son was born 5 weeks early because I have a small uterus which I was born with so it could only stretch so far and then out he popped. I didn't know this at the time so it was a surprise when I went into labour with a breech baby (he had no room to turn) and I had an emergency caesar. The doctor was then able to see the problem. My 2 other babies stayed in longer. It was able to stretch a bit further each time and my third was only 2 weeks early and 7 pounds. Hope all is well with you and Caitlyn. Tania.

NSW, 3 boys 8,6 & 1 1/2 years

Hi Karen,
Yes the boys seemed to be progressing well.
We have our next paed appoint on tuesday so hoping he is happy with them.
I don't know if they have to have anymore specific tests done cause last him the paed said "just treat them like normal babies" so I gather everything will be okay.
Mind you they were a lot bigger than Caitlin. What a doll.
Have a good day
janelle

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

hey guys caitlin is doing really well
we weighed her tonight and she is 7.4 YAY we got the 7 kgs!
janelle so glad the boys are doing well...
and tania.
i have neva herd of small uterus before wow at least they know what the promblem was ... thats turely amazing that u got to go on and have more kids closer to term..
tania if u like u can email me at kaz_april@yahoo.com i have a premmie site set up for aussie premmies and would love to have u there and u too janelle would be great please email me
kaz

Sign in to follow this topic