Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. premmie baby 14 weeks too early

premmie baby 14 weeks too early Lock Rss

Hi,

Thanks heaps for the updates, i keep checking on Caitlin regularly! So glad again to hear she is doing so well,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hiya Kaz-April, i to had a premmie baby girl we also named her Caitlin. Our Caitlin was born at 29 weeks and has now just turned 1 from when she was born 19/12/03 but really is only 9mths old from her due date. So we know what you are going through been there done that. Hang in there you have a long hard road ahead but as the nursing staff have proberbly already told you 3 steps forward 1 step back. It does get easier. My thoughts are with you.

Caitlin 19mths, Kiani 4mths.

Hi Kaz,
I just found this post doing a search and I am sitting at my computer with tears of happiness for you in my eyes. My little girl was born at 29 weeks 1040 gm so I can only imagine what the feling was like when she joined the "Kilo Club". Caitlin sounds like she is very cheeky making you think shes slowing down and then surprising everyone with her huge acheivments. There are lots of advantages to having a prem. You get to have a little baby for longer than everyone else, you get to know her when she should just be kicking your tummy, you get to cuddle her for so much longer and everyone knows just how special she is. Jordan is now 19 months (16 1/2month corrected) and a picture of health. I'm sure you will also have that same experience. Our favourite thing to do when Jord's was in hospital was kangaroo cuddles. Such a special feeling. Hope you get lots of them. Our thoughts are with you. take care and keep us all updated on your angel and of course yourself.

Fiona, NSW

hey all......
another update!!
caitlin is now 1249 grams...she is a real angel!
she is also of cpap 8 hr and on it for 4 hrs! (she is breathing on her own for 8 hrs out of every 12 hrs) she is gold!
jodan sounds like a real fighter aswell....can i ask was there any set backs with him?
caitlin is still waitting to have another ultra sound done on her head but it is now concern to the docs....they dont know what it is caz its that small, another doc says its nothing, have to wait i spose but its been 4 weeks and it hasnt grown or changed shape in any ways...
she is getting physo on her left leg as its growning outwards (thanks to the midwife placing her on wrong angles. but their all still angels in the nicu!
untill now keep those vibes going guyz...
love kaz

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi Kaz,

What a little legend, go girl!!!! Promise i am still sending healthy and fattening vibes,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

thanks tepe,
she is surely a legend!

Hi Kaz,
Jordan is a fighter but really only had to fight the fact that she was so early. She didn't have any setbacks apart from the occasiional day that she wasn't herself. She was also very slow at putting on weight. Little bits at a time. She was only on CPAP for 14 hours when she was first born. We were in NICU Lvl 3 and staf was going around so we were moved to Lvl 2 early.
Regular check ups for her hearing and sight have all been great. Our only concern now is that she has a heart murmur. Drs aren't too concerned but want to keep a check on it. Nothing really to do with being a prem though. I'm sure Caitlin will grow ahead in leaps and bounds. Another advantage of being prem is that she will have check ups for EVERYTHING and things are picked up early so can be corrected more easily.
Caitlins weight is terrific. Jordan was at that weight when she was 32 1/2 weeks gestation age.
Take care and keep us up to date when you get a chance. It's a busy time for you make sure you get plenty of rest because you'll be bringing her home and having sleepness nights before you know it.

Fiona, NSW

Hi Kaz,
Happy New Year! I just thought I'd touch base & let you know that I keep tabs on this post to hear about Caitlin's progress. I really enjoy hearing of her achievements. I can't wait for the day when you write to tell us that she is coming home!
Take care,
anniesmum
hey all
well caitlin caitlin caitlin..............
she is now 1346 grams!! thats almost 100 grams in 2 days!
she off cpap 8 hrs, on 4hrs, but today (24hrs) they are going to monotor her sats as she is trying to pull her cpap off (she is not liking been on cpap)..
so they are going to compare her sats with been on and been off and see what suits her better, she looks like a normal baby now guys.........
my baby is growing up (34weeks this week)
sorry jordy's mum (i should have know ur little one was girl not a boy, girls are fighters!)

Children are definitely a gift from God! Good to hear your little angel is doing so well! Letting you know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your little one!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Kaz,
Thats OK Jordan is a unisex name so no offence taken. You are right though. Little girls do seem to do better than the boys. I bought Jordy home at 38 weeks ( a little early but happy about it). So just think its not long now. Cpap dosen't look like a lot of fun to me either so I cant really blame Caitlin for trying to get that bloody thing off her face. Hope her sats levels are good to get rid of it altogether.
Give her a big cuddle from all of us here on Huggies!
Take care of your little miracle and yourself.

Fiona, NSW

hey guyz
another update, she is now 1346 grams....
and growing fast...
hey jordy's mum caitlins sats were low today they want her between 85 and 93 and they were averaging about 80 to 84..... depending but on saturday her sats were sitting in the high 90's.... and she has been off yes OFF cpap since 7am yesturday!
she had to get a half cast on her leg as her leg was growning side ways ( the mid wifes put her on her tummy to brethe better but her legs were wird position, that'll be better soon thanks to physo)
other than that shes doing great!

Sign in to follow this topic