Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. premmie baby 14 weeks too early

premmie baby 14 weeks too early Rss

Hi Kaz,
What a star your little angel is. Without Cpap for that long. What a miracle. Her sats levels must be a little disaappointing for you all but I'm sure they will improve. I think Caitlins just testing everyone again. Making sure everyone takes notice. How long do they think the cast will be on her leg? You should try and keep it to show her just how little she was.
Do you mind if I ask you some questions. I'm just curious about the differences in care between hospitals. Obviously Caitlin was a lot smaller than Jordy so things may be different. What hospital are you in? Does your Physio have a water pillow under Caitlins head? Are you able to do Kangaroo cuddles? It's all such a sureal experience that I sometimes think back and struggle to remember. I had an emergency C section under general antisetic and only saw Jordan for a minute when I came out and didn't get to see her properly until she was about 36 hours old. When were you able to see Caitlin?
Take care and look after yourselves

Fiona, NSW

Hi Kaz,

Great to hear how well Caitlin is doing, i hope her leg is all fixed up soon!

Yourself and Jordy's mum,(and any other mummy of prems) you are amazing! I can only be grateful not to have to have dealt with the emotional rollercoaster you go/have been thru daily! I trully admire your spirits!

Hope to hear more soon,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hey all...
no surprise she is still off cpap!
dunno how long the cast is going to be on we havent yet spoken to phyiso will see tomorrow i guess she is now 1400aprox in weight not sure of actual weight as she has the cast on..
as for ur questions fiona... were at neapan hos.. what is a water pillow....? no she doesnt have one..
yeah for sure we have kang cuddle almost everyday...expect when im tired...
i cant quiet remember the first time i do remember seeing her but not what day hubby was with me 24 hrs a day while i was in...and he says it could have poss of been on the wed....i had her late tuesday nite (and i hate tuesdays lol)...hubby got to see her about 15 to 30 mins after she was born i was nocked out compleatly...im ready to bring her home now...im sick of playing the waitting game. its a long road how we do it i dunno tepe.....

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

hey jordys mum...
forgot to ask u a question what hos were u at?

Just a reminder Kaz, you are doing a fantastic job as a mummy. How can you not be with such a healthy bub!

Thanks for the updates,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Kaz,
Wow! What fantastic progress! To be off the cpap so long is such progress. It sounds as though she is getting stronger by the day. Fingers crossed for her O2 sats. How are you going? I hope you are able to at least get a little bit of rest.
Thinking of you,
anniesmum
Hi Kaz
I'm new to the Huggies Parents Exchange and saw this topic on the Home Page....I have just read every single posting since your very first and I have to say that Caitlyn has made amazing progress since her birth! What an inspirational story....and what an inspirational mum! You sound so upbeat and positive on every posting, which is just fantastic. Belief and a positive attitude go a long way when all is not well, so keep up the great spirit!! Here's hoping you have your lovely little miracle girl home soon! Would love to see a picture of her if you have one! My mum delivered twins at 28 weeks (unfortunately only one survived) but my little brother is turning 21 in a few weeks time so to celebrate that with my family will be wonderful! Best of luck to your family - I will certainly be looking forward to future updates!
Regards

Jodie, Qld, mum of 2, 3rd baby due March 04

Hi Kaz,
Great to hear that Caitlins doing well. I think of you all everyday and look forward to the updates. I dont know how you find the time or inclination to do it but I'm grateful.
Jordans physio gave her a water pillow for under her head so that her face would fill out properly. You know how theyre skin is so pliable. Jordans was a saline drip bottle (I think - it was a while ago) placed under her "pillow" (pillow case folded in half). She dosen't have that "premmie look" about her face (narrow). I dont know I can never tell a premmie baby unless I'm told. Ask your physio. About 1/2 of the babies had them when we were in.
We started at John Hunter Hosp in Newcastle and were there for 1 month. I then transfered to North Gosford Private as we are from the Central Coast and it made our lives so much easier. While Jordan was in Newcastle I stayed at Ronald McDonald House to be close to her. What a godsend. I think we were lucky to have that break because it really broke up the waiting game for us. I admire you for all of your devotion but its like "what else would you do" I remember just having to get out of the hospital one day so I went shopping with my mum in the afternoon for baby essentials like nappies to bring her home and the whole time I just kept wanting to be back at Hospital. Odd feeling but......
Hope you get good news soon on Caitlins leg.
Are you still in level 3?
Thanks for answering my questions. i dont mean to be nosy but am genuinely interested.
Take care! Our thoughts are with you

Fiona, NSW

Hey tepe,
Thanks for your support but I reakon you having 2 under 2 would be far harder.
Take care

Fiona, NSW

hey guyz...
yeah another update on my little angel!
she is now 1440 grams!!!! mum and dad gave her a bath today was great..she loved it no complaints in that department...lol..
caitlins leg, well phyiso came and saw her today took it off to asset it and it went back out so they left the cast off today but were putting it back on this avo...
as for ultra sound she was spose to have it today, got told when i got home and rang to see if they had done it today and get the resulst and was told she had it done a few days go, im not happy... really angry caz ive been hanging out to get the results and find out if it has changed i know NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS but we still wanna know.. so i wasnt a happy person this avo..
what else..17mills every 2 hrs..
i have pics so send me ur emails and ill send them out........
jordys mum they have gel pillows...not water where we are but they dont use them as much..caitlin has been using the pennut pillow a lot..

Kaz
My email address is jodiehart@ibenefit.com.au. Looking forward to getting pictures of one special little girl! Her weight's going great guns - and good to see that she's taking 17mls now! Keep up the updates!
Best regards,

Jodie, Qld, mum of 2, 3rd baby due March 04

Hi kaz,
Thats great that shes still putting on the weight. great to hear that she loves her bath. She will probably be a real water baby.
I can understand how you feel about being kept in the dark about tests. its so frustrating. The nurses and drs are great but sometimes they just seem to go on autopilot and forget they are dealing with peoples new babies and emotions are running high. Keep on them. its great though that there were no problems from it.
I would love some pics of Caitlin my email is birdiesnest@dodo.com.au.
I've been on another page and one of the ladies is a nurse dealing with prems in NZ. I'll come back and let you know where it is. I dont know but she may be able to give some information or something.
Make sure you keep your peanut pillow when you leave. Its funny looking back and wondering how your babies head ever fitted in the groove. A friend of mine saw it and thought it was her snuggle bed. Gave us all a good laugh.
Take care and count to 10 when shit happens. Dosen't work but at least you know that you are still sane. Not long now and you will have Caitlin home.
is she still completely off CPap? What are her sats like?
Take care

Fiona, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic