Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. premmie baby 14 weeks too early

premmie baby 14 weeks too early Rss

hey guyz,
caitlin is good she is now up to 18 mills!
and weighs 1500 grams aprox (she has a cast on still and will until monday i think) yeah jordys mum she is still completly off cpap!
her sats are sitting the the high 70's....even 80's...
im a bit worried about it been low in the high 70's but ive been told its ok and not to worry she has had her eyes tested and they seem fine.
he is getting there guys ill send the photos on the weekend, their getting developed at the moment.

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi Kaz,
I'm so pleased to hear that Caitlins completely off Cpap. Its just one milestone afetr another. If Dr's were concerned by her sats then she'd be back on there so it can't be too much of a worry for them. How did you get on saying anything about the ultrasound? .
That nurse I was telling you about in NZ email is debhowell@ihuh.co.nz . The page is Home....general baby.....general discussion....Any mums with premmies.
I have forgotten and I'm too lazy to go back through all the postings... How much did caitlin weigh when she was born?
Take Care and get some sleep while you can

Fiona, NSW

hey guyz
caitlin is now 1509 grams!!!! she was 568 when she was born, she is doing good she is spose to be down a bay but their is no room there for her so she is stil in bay one and i keep joking saying shes going to skip bay 2 and go straight to bay 3!
well see her jordys mum whats the name of the nurse?

hey guyz
yet another update,
although i didnt go and see my darling i reget it soo much........i just phoned to see how she is doing and they tell me she has a new room! YES SHE CLOSER TO THE GOLDERN DOOOR TO COME HOME smile i am soo stoked, she has been is bay one for like almost 9 weeks............its been sooo long.
about 5 weeks and she should be home, i so cant wait!
i keep wondering in her room and looking and tidy (even though there is nother to tidy) her room has to be the tidest room in the house.
im so proud of her.........she is getting weighed tonight.....her sats are in the high 90's shes too good..im not sure what her crib h2o is on im guessing about 30% like the other day.

That is so great to hear! I can see where your daughter gets her strength from...her mum! I was almost crying from being so happy for you! I wish you both the best!
Best wishes

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

You are a true inspiration as are other Mums with premmie babies. I have read every one of the posts and I am so glad to see that you little darling Caitlin is doing so well.
It is so nice of you to share your excitment with the Huggies Club and it makes me think about how lucky I was when my little angel was born only 5 week early (now 11 weeks old!).....
Thanks once again for sharing your situation and providing updates.....
I too am sending the 'fattening vibes' and also thoughts for you too!

Jane
Hi,

What fantastic news, i haven't been around lately and was so happy to read the great progress on Caitlin! 5 more weeks hey, what a good girl, mummy must be so wrapped. Whats your email address, i'd love to see some pics??

Keep up the good work,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Kaz,
I've just logged on to this site and read all of the posts. I am so pleased that Caitlin is making such good progress and send out loads of positive vibes for her and for you. You are a true inspiration and should be so proud of yourself for the strength your showing!!

Keep up the good work. Caitlin will be home with you soon.

Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

hey guyz!
welll im about to head up and see my darling, who i havent seen sincesaturday (geez i forgot what day it is) and she is going for a MRI scan today at 2pm to see what that thing is in her head, please i beg for u guyz to pray and send the vibes our way.....im sooo scared that im gunna hear something i dont wanna hear i have prayed for her like 7 times already today. FINGERS CROSSED!
thank u all so much for ur support!
my email is
kaz_april@yahoo.com

Hi Kaz,
Thats terrific news! Obviously lots of Huggies readers are thinking of you and we all marvel in your bravery and determination. Well Done. The first 9 weeks of Caitlins life have proven without a shadow of a doubt just what a devoted and loving mum you are and will continue to be. What an inspiration you are to all of us.
Dont worry about Caitlins room. Within 2 hours of being home it will feel like it was never empty. Caitlin is a real fighter. Does she have a middle name?
The name of that nurse from NZ was Debbie and her email was debhowell@ihug.com.nz. Dont know but thought it may be of help to you.
I am also quite regulary on the net and ready to help with any info on experiences that we have been through. Only to happy to help and give advice. I know ...... everyone gives advice but I'm another opinion.
Are you expressing or formula feeding? If you are expressing hows that going? I remember for me that was one of the most unenjoyable parts of the whole prem experience.
Take Care

Fiona, NSW

Hi Kaz,
I haven't been on line for a few days but I've just checked in on little Caitlin's progress. Wow! She has really come along. How did she go with her MRI scan? Thinking of you & wishing you well!
anniesmum
Hi Kaz,
Positive vibes are well and truly on their way. Hope all went well with Caitlins MRI.
Thinking of all of you

Fiona, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic