Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. premmie baby 14 weeks too early

premmie baby 14 weeks too early Lock Rss

WOW... I have just finished reading all the posts and Im fully amazed at the strength of some people what they have to deal with but mostly the strength of the babies! its awesome to read such awe-inspiring stuff. Keep up the good work mums, and my guess is maybe Caitlin will be out in a week and a half?? good luck to you and give bubba a big hug from everyone here whos read your story. I too would love to see some pics of this little battler, my email is rhiannonkeenan@hotmail.com

ps sending out the fattie vibes!!! (Ive got plenty to go round if anyone else wants some??)
Hi My name is Amanda. I also had a premmie baby, about my liitle baby boy was only 9 weeks early. So mostly know what you have been going through. My little boy was born on the 19/03/03 was due on the 18/05/03. He spent 9 weeks in two hospitals. Our baby arrived home a week before Mother's Day last year. He is now 10 months old, he is a bit smaller than a baby that was on time. But he is now sitting up by himself, he was crawling around 7 months. And now he is having two meals a day.

If you would like talk to me some more about my premmie baby. My E-mail is ashley72@tpg.com.au
Please could you please put
Att: Amanda on your E-mail.

Regards
Wow you are so brave! I just finished reading all of the posts! Amazing! I hope she comes home soon! Please keep us up to date!

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi Kaz,

I hope this absense means you are keeping a close eye on little Caitlin!!

Sending you lots of fattening and coming home vibes,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hey guyz
yes tepe, im keeping a big eye on them...
caitlin is now 1915 grams!!!!!!!
she totally skipped the 1800 mark! my girl!
she is having her vac tomorrow....im not going to have a happy bubby tomorrow...she got her eyes tested today all were fine...she had an ultra sound yesturday still waitting for the results..
she is now on 3rd hourly feeds....shes getting there
she'll be off her ox hopefully by next week!

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi again,

Congratulations on all of Caitlins progress. I was finally right about something....she did have a huge growth spurt and was building up for it. wink

Goodluck with the U/S results,

Tepe

Hi Kaz,
Sounds like Caitlins pretty much ready to come home now. Shes probably realised that the sooner she piles on those kilos the sooner she can get the hell out of there. Hope the needles went Ok. I still think that she'll be home on the 4th. i hope if i'm not right I'm not far off. She sounds like the "perfect prem".
Take care

Fiona, NSW

hey guyz,
well caitlin is great...
she had her vac last friday and seemed to handle it quite well...not much off a temp!
she is now 1960 grams! she on 36 mills every 3 hrs but has 50 mls in bottle when i fed her she usally take about 35 to 50 mls, shes good..
she'll be coming off her ox this week (fingers crossed) the mid wife has said about 10 days till she coomes home depending on her.
she is in our local paper this tuesday!!
have alook if ur in the gong!! baby arts! born on the 11 of 11!!

well she sounds like shes doin great smile hope she keeps up the good work!!

shes gettin big real quick now? how big does she gotta be b4 u can take her home?

I brought the paper espically 2 c her smile shes cute n sooo tiny awwww !!
Hope shes home soon!! and good luck with everything
Hi,

Just checking up on Caitlin, hope all is going well!!

Tepe

hey guys
sorry to not keep u all updated..
just quickly, caitlin isnt home yet was hoping she was gunna be home this weekend but she lost weight and the doc wants to keep an eye on her for a week so maybe early next week im reaslly had enough off going to the hos all the time i just wanna bring her home. she wieghs 2010 grams lost 70grams is the past week, she has been sucking all feds since last sunday 4hrly and coping well..she come offf caffee wed and doing great shes ready to come home. fill u all in later as i dont have much time ...

Hi,

Good to hear i was a bit worried..

I hope to hear the next big news is HOME FOR CAITLIN!!!!

Take care,

tepe

Sign in to follow this topic