Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Going from 2 to 3 Lock Rss

Hey all,

Im pregnant with bubs #3 (31 weeks) and cant wait until she arrives! We have a daughter who turns 5 in May, 07 and another daughter who will be 16 months when bubs arrives.
Just wondering is anyone else in a similar situation and how do you think you will cope????
I found the transition from 1 child to 2 children quite easy! (maybe beacuase the age gap was 3.5 years)but, the thought of having 2 children in nappies, with bottles...scares the crap out of me....

How did you cope?
Was it easy than what you thought it would be?
Tell me your stories, I would love to hear them......

Sarah, QLD- 3 ADorAbLe Daughters!!

Hi i had my 1st 3 kids all within 2 years i had a 2yo an 11 month old and a new born i have since had 2 more with 3 year gaps my baby is 15 months and im overdue with #6.I'm sure you will be fine the 3rd one isn't really much more to cope with and having a little one is eaiser i think that having a 3 or 4 year old and a new baby.I found it to be fairly easy i think this time might be harder for me as i have to ge tthe others to and from school sport friends places ext so the poor baby wont get to sleep when it wants to but im sure it will be ok....Good Luck

ds11 ds10 dd9 dd6 dd19mths ds jan26th

Hi, my advice is to take 1 day at a time, don't try to do too much at once, things will still be there tomorrow, your kids won't be that big forever! I had a 14 month old when I had twins, so from 1 to 3 was a big shock, but now expecting just 1 to arrive I think will be a piece of cake! Plus the others are a bit more independent now being almost 5 and almost 4, they will be able to feed themselves at least while I feed the baby. But you cope with what you are given I think, just don't put too much pressure on yourself! Good luck!

3 beautiful girls and a beautiful baby boy

My 3rd baby isn't due until Aug, but my first 2 are 19mths apart, so I have still got 2 in nappies, one who has bottles & the other is breastfed. Some things were easier than I thought, some things were harder.

I thought feeding would be really hard, but my eldest is happy if I give her a bottle and a book, and sometimes food and she is satisfied while I'm feeding. She's a bit fascinated with my nipples (wants to look at them all the time!) but that's not so bad really.

When I first brought the baby home I used to lay them both down on the floor and change their nappies at the same time. But my daughter is over that now and doesn't bother me when I'm doing nappy changes.

Generally though, I found that everything fell into place after a few weeks - you have 2 kids already so you will be great!!
hi ladies,
i too am wondering how people coped with a third, i have an about to turn 4y/o, a 9 month old and another due in 4 1/2 months, so they'll have a 14month old gap.
i am worried, i didn't expect to fall pregnant, breastfeeding and on the mini pill! i dont know if i'll breastfeed, im worried about how the girls and i will cope,
would love some stories from people in a similar situation!

Sarah

Sare, DD1 1.03, DD2 4.06, DS edd 6.07

Hi there,

I had an almost 8 year gap between DD and DS. He is now 16 months old and I am due in a few months with number three. I am also stressing as to how I will cope. My son is very clingy to me, and wants lots of attention (which he surely gets) but with me wanting to full time breastfeed with the newbie, I think I will have some problems. DF asked me the other day how I will handle the b/f with my little man jumping around on us etc, also he is just starting to talk and he gets very frustrated when I cannot understand him, so giving so much attention to a newborn is going to frustrate him even more. My Mother actually asked me how I was going to cope, already am tired enough with the two I have! Well, all I can hope for is that my new daughter will be a good baby like the other two have been. Good luck! We are both on the Gold Coast and both expecting our third around the same week, just noticed that!
Sign in to follow this topic