Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

all boys or all girls Rss

hey I wa sowndering about this. i htink i started a post before but i cant for the life of me find it. I am wondeeing if there is anyoine out there who has all the same sex children. did u try for a different sex? how did u feel knowing u would never have one of ecah?
I ahve two boys and Am preg with number 3 I ahve a gut feeling its a boy which is fine but this is our last baby. i am wondering if the longing for a daughter ( if this one is a boy) will go away. I know i can be happy without it, plus i a sick of poeple saying " u better get a gilr thsi time" i just know if it is a boy people will say oh well, next time, like the assume I will keep goin till i get a girl.
'anyone else been in a similar situation?

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Hi Ashtonsmum,

I am the same as you. I have 2 boys and everyone keeps saying what if it is another boy? I would love a little girl but I am happy either way and this will be how last also. We tried the dr shettles method for concieving a girl but I am happy as long as bubs is healthy.

Goodluck...

Hello,

I'm a mum of two girls and did try this time for a boy, I did lots of research and charting for months but at the time got impatient and did the dead at the wrong time. I'm just over 4 weeks pregnant and am positive it will be another girl as I know when I ovulated. I really would like a son but you get what god gives you. We may have a fourth but lets see how good this one is first smile Anyway I might be proven wrong I may have timed it all wrong and end up with a boy. I guess I will hopefully find out in November.

Emeilia 24.06.04, Holly 13.12.05 #3 due 21.11.07

I have 2 girls, and when I had the second one a few people said what a shame it wasn't a boy. I don't know why people say that, I have the most wonderful little girls. Now I'm pregnant, and so many people say oh I bet you're hoping for a boy. No actually, I'm hoping for another girl!! I really don't mind either way, and I don't think it matters at all if you have boys / girls or both. Healthy, happy babies is the most important thing. But I do wonder as a Mum, if I would feel the same if I had boys. Maybe I would always wish for a little girl, I don't know.

I love my girls and I wouldn't change them for the world. My husband feels the same, and we will be thrilled no matter if this next one is a boy or girl - I can't wait to find out though!!!

I think you'll feel happy once you have your baby, even if it's another boy. I agree though, it's annoying that other people always have to comment!
Hi,

I recently gave birth to my third girl. I too had all the comments during my pregnancy about how great it would be if it was a boy and how I must be hoping for a boy. It was annoying towards the end- I really didn't mind either way- I would have liked a boy for my husband to share that special bond with but hey you have to grateful for the healthy bubs you are given- rather than long for a bub of the opposite sex.

I do not know if this was my last bub or not- depends on how we ccope with three- I may go on to have more girls.

My thinking is- that you get what you are given and have to grateful that you can have a healthy baby at the end of a pregnancy.

I only commented the other day that the sex of bub was the last thing on my mind in the moments after delivery- I didn't even know what she was until the midwife handed her to me and asked what name we had chosen.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Hi

I have just recently had our 3rd son and OMG if i had a dollar for everytime someone has said to me that i must be desperate for a girl i would be so rich. When we found out at our 20 weekscan that we were having another boy a will admit for a split second i was a little dissapointed but after having nearly lost bubs a few times i was just ecstatic to have a bubby!!

Hmm as for the longing for a daugter, there are somedays when i would dearly love a little girl but then i look at how close my 3 little men are and i know i am so lucky to have 3 healthy kids!!

Good luck
Tara

i have a girl and really wanted a boy this time around but it is a girl. i am happy either way so long as she is healthy but it would have been nice. i even tried all the old wives tales but it didn't work.
I am one of 4 girls with no brothers my husband is one of 4 boys with no sisters. i get along quite well with my in-laws. maybe when your boys grow up you can have a type of mother- daughter relationship with one of their partners.
all same sex siblings seems to be common. My Aunty has 4 boys and i have a friend who is one of 5 girls.

Ellen, Vic, Lexi 3 yrs and Emily 12 mths

hi all,
i am a mother of 3 girls. the last was born a year ago anzac day. I found out at the 20 week scan that it was another girl but it didn't surprised me as my girls are 5th generation female down my mothers side. People are always saying oh poor you three girls wait till they are teen's . but i figure all teens are horrible what difference does that make. the only worry i have is thst i am a identicle twin and it is meant to skip a generation imagine if all three of my daughters have twins(ahhh). People also ask if i will try 4 a boy, but i had my tubes tied after the last.so that is a no!

mum of three girls (99,02,06)

I have 3 girls and 1 boy and am due again in july, after my 1st 2 girls thats when people started saying 'I bet you hope this one is a boy', but honestly I dont think I was that concerned about having another girl and she has turned out to be the most loving child anyone could hope for. When we fell pregnant again I have to admit I really wanted a boy, especially for daddy and we were just fortunate enough to have one. We dont know what we are having this time but gut instinct tells me its a boy.
lol there sure is a few of us here and most receiving similar comments. I think i too would be rich if i had a dollar for every time someone asked about us having a girl.
We have two sons and just found out at the 22 week scan that this baby is also a boy after the doctors first thought it was a girl. I must admit it's been a little hard for me to get my head around the idea that bub's is actually a boy because of them first saying it's a girl but i have no problem with it. All i've known with my kids so far is boys and i love them to death so i can't really say i'm missing out cause i wouldn't know.
This probably won't be our last baby but i'm slowly starting to realise that excepting the fact that even that baby probably won't be a girl is probably the healthiest thing i could do right now. I just think it will save any future disappointment.. now all i have to do is figure out how i'm going to survive with a housefull of teenage boys one day! lol

jamie 6yrs dylan 3yrs davan 18mths No4 EDD 11.9.09

The funny thing is, is that even though when pregnant you may have wished for a certain gender, when you have that new bub in your arms you cant imagine them being anything else.
I gave birth 3 weeks ago to our second daughter, and that is the end of our family. We are estatic that we have another girl. Although she is only 3 weeks old I am already getting the coments about having another to 'try' and get the boy.

Quite frankly I dont want a boy. I love my girls to bits. I get really annoyed when people have to put their 5 cents worth in and coment on our family. If I wanted another child I would have another, not for the sake of hoping I will get a boy, because that might never happen. My sister also has 3 girls and gets the same remarks. So mum has 5 grandaughters!! Haha we wouldnt know what to do with a boy!!

I have to agree with mamaP, once that bubs is in your arms nothing else matters, regardless of the sex.

Snugglepot and Cuddlepie!!

Sign in to follow this topic