Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. how much weight did u guys gain?

how much weight did u guys gain? Rss

Hi guys i am 33 weeks preg and have put on 20kilos already. My weight B4 pregnancy was 54kilos im now up to 74. Although i have been told i am having a big bub..( my hubby was 10and a Half pound) and that it's all Belly. I was just wondering how everyone else is going so far or went in previous pregnancys

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

Hi Rebecca,
Not long to go!I have a 10 month old baby named Jackson. He was born feb 13. Two weeks early. Which I was happy about! I put on 16 kilos in my pregnacy. I got up to 75kilos!! Dont worry with a bit of excercise and sensible eating you can get back to your normalm size. Im now only 1 kilo more than I was. And I didnt breastfeed. Apparentely if you do you shed the kilos faster.
My little one was 8 pound 3. He was definantly solid, and still is..
If you have any questions or just want to chat to someone who loves baby talk you can email me at
simonwrightimep@optusnet.com.au
Goodluck with the rest of your pregnancy.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi rebecca I am 29 weeks pregnant with my second baby and i have put on 71/2 kilos so far but with my first pregnancy i put on 26 kilos and had a boy that weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and i have known of a few of my friends putting on large amounts aswell .I wouldn't be too concerned although it did take me 2 years to lose my weight before i got pregnant again .Im all belly this time but first time i was all round , my hubby was 91/2 pounds born .

Gillian,wa,29 weeks pregnant

Hi there Rebecca, I have a 16month old "little" girl, who was 4.6kgs/10 pounds 2 ounces @ birth. Having said that, I only put on 10.5kgs throughout my pregnancy. Yet I have friends who put on much more weight that yourself, and had much smaller babies......so try not to worry too much. I am currently 11kgs under my pre-pregnancy weight due to a number of reasons.....with the weight of the baby & placenta etc I actually didn't do too badly losing a fair bit at her birth (by c-section), she is extremely active and has always been a demanding feeder(go figure) and all I wanted to do in the first few months was sleep more than have big heavy meals (freeze lots of ready meals - best thing we did!), and now that I'm back at work full time(what was I thinking???) and she's a "runner" not a "walker" but a very wobbly one at that, I don't get to rest and have dinner until after she goes to bed so I tend to have a lighter meal at night time as opposed to lunch time. I actually take in more calories now than before, I just swapped quantities from dinner to lunch- you'll get there! GOOD LUCK!!! Rosetta.
Hi Rebecca,

I wouldn't be too concerned about the weight issue. With my first my B4 pregnancy weight was 55kgs and I went up to 85kgs, but was all round. It took a while to get rid of, but now with my second pregnancy I am 20 weeks and have put on 3-4kgs and am just baby.

S Brooks, Hobart

Hi Rebecca
I vomited so much in the 1st 3 months that I lost about 5kg. No one believed that I was pregnant as I just continued to lose weight. It wasn't until I was 6 months pregnant that I really started to show and people thought I was maybe 4 months pregnant. Then at 7 months my belly popped out, but it was just in my belly. I only gained 10kg in the whole pregnancy. My girl whos now 7 1/2 months was a healthy 7 pound 13 oz. But then my sister gained 30kg in her pregnancy and her girl was 6 pound 9oz.
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

Hi Rebecca,
This was my first baby and I was "big" all along when the midwives measured my tummy. But they thought it was just alot of fluid (inside and out, ankles etc). I was 74kg at the start, by 33wks I was 90kg and at 38wks I was 100kg and remained that way until Jasmin was born. Jasmin was 5kg 80g (11.5lb) and the 2nd day after she was born I had lost 9kg, so a fair bit was baby. Five weeks after I'd lost another 11kg and have remained at 80kg so I put on about 6kg of fat, haha, the rest was fluid and baby. I am breastfeeding also.

Vanessa, Jasmin's Mum 4-Oct-03

Hey Rebecca
My pre-pregancy weight was 56kg and now my weight is 76kg, so i have put on 12kg. I'm due in 5 days (1/1/04). I'm 160cm tall and i don't even look like i'm ready to 'pop'. Alot of people think that i'm only 5 or so months. Mine is all baby and fluid. My doc told me my baby is going to be about 7.5 - 8 pounds.

Don't worry about your weight, if you are talk to your doc, thats what there for, right?

All the best with your bub
Mel

WA Sasha 6/1/04

G'day Rebecca! I put on 22kgs with my first then 20 with my second! My first was 8lb 7.5oz (about 3.8kg) and my second was 8lb 1.5oz! I found after the first day of having my kids that the majority of the weight I had put on disappeared! With my first I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight by 6 months (62kgs) and my second is now 3 months and I am down to (66kgs)! Not too bad as I am 6ft tall so I look thinner than I am!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Rebecca

I'm due in 4 days time and have put on 18 kilos. I was 56 kilos before pregnancy so about the same as you. Just hope this baby is not a big one!!

I'm the same as you and are not looking forward to having to lose the weight after baby is born, but I guess if we eat right and exercise enough (and breastfeed if possible) it will fall off when it's good and ready to. Don't stress too much about it while you're pregnant - worry about it after baby.

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and good luck!

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

Hi Rebecca,

I am 24 weeks pregnant with my first and have only gained 4kg so far, not sure if that ok or not but my sister inlaw gained 18kg over her pregnancy and had a 9lb 15oz boy and a friend of mine gained 14kg and had a premiture birth by 5 weeks and had a 5lb 2oz boy. - Good luck with your labour and birth!!
Hi Rebecca,

As you can see from all the responses that everyone is different. I put on 20 kilos with my pregnancy and I had twins. They were born 7lb 2oz and 5 13oz. Still trying to shed the twin skin, but I guarantee you no matter how much weight you put on, once you have the baby (or shortly afterwards) you will feel like Elle Macpherson!!! I did not realise how much weight I was carrying around until I did not have it anymore.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Sign in to follow this topic