Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Braxton hicks Lock Rss

Can anyone tell me what Braxton hicks feels like? A couple of times over the past few weeks I get this tightening sensation on both sides of my stomach. It doesn't hurt but just feels like a cramp without the pain (if you know what I mean)...

I am 28 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I am almost positive it is Braxton Hicks that I am feeling.

Thanks Ulanda

mummaof3

Hi Ulanda!
It does sound like Braxton Hicks that you are having!
I felt them earlier, this time, (with bub no.3) around 20 weeks!

Feels like a tightening/pulling sensation..lasts for a few secs...then releases again...(I know what I mean...just don't know if its coming out right!! lol)
Im now almost 34 weeks, and mine are now lasting a lil longer, and can sometimes hurt...even though they say they aren't suppose to!!!

Good luck!

Tina, mum to Jake, Tylah & Jayden smile

hey I know you posted this ages ago now but i just wanted to tell you that having braxton hicks is actually a really good thing-or it was fo me anyway. with my second i had them just about every 10mins for the last month. by the time i was ready to give birth most of the work was already done and my labout lasted less than 2 hours. apparently they are getting everything ready for the real contrations and making things nice and soft and ready to go and when its all ready it makes things go a little quicker!
hope your labour is al ittle longer than 2 hours(too fast!) but a little less than most!
Kath

Kathryn - Zack-4, Toby-2 & Molly 1

Sign in to follow this topic