Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Baby with big head Rss

Hi there, I'm 39 weeks pregnant today and have been told that my baby's head measured 35cm at a 37week ultrasound (which apparently is quite big). I still have no signs of labour and was also told that if bub doesnt come by 5th Jan that I would need a caesarian (I'm 5ft2 with quite small frame). Has anybody else had this experience??? I'm soooooooooooooooo scared. sad

NSW, baby due 3/1/04

Hi Mum2B,
When my last baby was born, (who is now 8 months) his head measured 36cm. He was my 3rd baby, was the longest, heaviest and had the biggest head circumference out of all three, but he was the quickest and easiest to deliver. He was born in 1 hour and 10 minutes. Being a small built person, your baby may have trouble fitting through your pelvis, which is why a caesarian may be needed. Rest assured, that if the doctors think this is necessary, it is for the best. They are trying to keep you and your baby in the healthiest way possible, with as little stress to you and bub. Just relax, and take each day as it comes. As long as you and bub are healthy, that is all that matters.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Sign in to follow this topic