Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. how much weight did u put on?

how much weight did u put on? Lock Rss

hi in my 1st pregnancy i put on a whopping 26kgs !! i went from 54kgs up to 80kg!!! golly gosh.
just wondering how much u all put on and if u have more than 1 baby did u get bigger each time or smaller.. (this time i might try and watch what i eat, i know how hard it is to loose after!!)

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

was 82kg when found out I was pregnant - got to 105kg at 7 days before delivery.

Am still working at loosing the weight!
Hi!

In my first pregnancy, (almost 11 years ago) I gained 14 kg's. With my second, it was about 10-12 kgs... I am now 35 weeks into my 3rd, and have gained 5 kgs so far...I put it down to having my other 2 that I am still kept fairly active!!

Tina, mum to Jake, Tylah & Jayden smile

Hi, my baby is 10mths i put on 35 kilo's!!! I had a huge baby (11 pounds, 5010grams) when i left hospital i had lost 15 kilo's,but sadly i am still trying to loose 20kg, and finding it really hard (normally 57 kilo's) i am scared to have another baby!!! Nikki & beautiful Lilla

hi Rebecca i put on 20kg with my first going from 50 kg to 70kg she weighed 8pounds 2 at birth i managed to get back to 54kg before finding out i was pregnant again with identical twins the shock of this news caused me to drop to 51.5kg and since then i am back up to 70kg and only 30 weeks pregnant so no doubt will gain more yet. good luck

Anita,QLD,mother of madi,lachlan and harrison

Hi!

I put on between 16-20kgs with my little boy. I went from 45kgs - 60+ & stopped weighing myself because I thought it was too much. I lost it all Bar 3kgs within the first 6wks of breastfeeding & didn't gain it back again!

Now I'm 25weeks and have gained 7kgs this time round, 4 in the first 2 months & 1kg each month since. I'm pretty happy with this & I am a lot smaller than last time. If I keep going at this rate I'll gain around 11kg by the end (Nov 05). Can't wait to breastfeed & drop it all off again. I'm hoping though that I'll lose the other 3kg as well.

CJ, SJ 3/03, AJ 11/05, PJ 4/08

I am 6ft and weighed 60kg before kids. My first I gained 22kg then dropped 20kg. My second I gained 20kg and dropped 20kg. My third I gained 15kg and so far dropped 11kg but am quite happy at the weight I am now and hope I can keep that little extra weight on me.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi

I put on 14kg with my first. Have so far put on 12kg with my second so looking at putting on a similar weight with my second by the end.

The way I think of it is I'll worry about losing the baby weight later. For myself I think it is more imp to ensure I am steadily putting on weight for baby's health than trying to limit putting on weight in pregnancy.

with my first i went from 55 to 70kgs, but lost 9kg in the week after having her ( I carried A LOT of fluid, I sweated constantly it was gross! but easier than dieting!) only lost a couple more before I fell pregnant 4 months later.

Next pregnancy I stacked on 6kgs in the first 12 weeks, was devasted, when I found out i was having twins thought well hey, that's fair enough then! Got to 87kgs, a gain of about 30kgs, and nearly six months after having them I am 70kgs and eight weeks pregnant. Am hoping this baby eats the remaining 15 kgs of fat, but not very hopeful! i figure i'll wait till i've had them all to go mad with weight loss, no point losing it all only to put it back on again, this is my last I cant wait to have my body back!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic