Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Had stitches with 1st baby and have heard scars don't stretch well

Had stitches with 1st baby and have heard scars don't stretch well Rss

Hi
I had my 1st baby 9 years ago, and received a bad tear, requiring stitches. I am due to have my second on 4January 2004 and have heard that the scars can have trouble stretching and may mean that a tear is more likely again. My first baby was only 6 pound, the doctor estimates this one is up to 71/2 pounds. I'm getting nervous. Has anyone else heard this?

Michelle, NSW - 9 yr old boy and newborn baby girl

Hi Michelle I was 17 when I gave birth 2 my 1st child. He was 9lb 13oz and he had shoulder distorstia (his shoulders did not rotate) and I suffered 3rd degree tears which was extreamly painful. 17 months down the track I gave birth 2 my baby girl who weighed 9lb 11oz and I had only a minor tear which healed great. My little girls head was 36.5cms compared 2 her brothers 35cms so I am fine and I am sure you will be fine good luck!

Amanda 2yr and 7mth

Hi mummy manda
Thanks so much for your response, its so good to hear positive stories. You've helped put my mind at ease - I needed that!

G'day,
I also had a bad tear with my first and I was quite worried about it happening again! I still ended up tearing this time but only just, so I only had to have a couple of stitches! Having a bad tear the first time doesn't mean you will tear that bad or at all the next time! Don't worry, you'll be fine!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi
Thank you all for your messages of encouragement. I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl on 8 Jan 2004. We got out of bed at 6am and she was in my arms by 8.47am, she weighed 7lb6oz and had a 34cm head (the same size my son's had been) and I didn't have one tear, graze or stitch!!

Hi
CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your baby girl!!!!! Wow, what a quick birth!!! Hope mum and bub are both doing well.

Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

That's unreal!! See, what were you worried about?! Congratulations!
Keep well and remember to rest when you can.

TJay

TJ, NSW

what did you call her

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Sign in to follow this topic