Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. What do Braxton Hicks feel like?

What do Braxton Hicks feel like? Lock Rss

Hi All,
I feel a bit silly asking this question as this is my 2nd pregnancy, but i never got them with my first. Im just a bit confused as i thought they were like a dull period pain. But then the dr said yesterday, its when your stomach tightens then releases and is totally painfree. I asked her about the period pain thing and she said shes never had period pains so didnt know what they felt like. I get the period pain thing/feeling during the night and sometimes feel a bit sickly.Is becoming more apparent now and bubs is using moving quite a bit...Anyway, if you have any advice??!!!!!!!!

DS1,5yrs,DS2 2.5yrs..I love my beautiful boys!!

I had them for ages and they were about as painful as period pain, and yes, I could feel my stomach tightening with them too. The mild ones didn't hurt it was nearer the time when they started to get a bit more frequent and stonger that the pain started. NOTHING like the real thing though! (LOL)

I think that the majority of people have the mild ones and don't even realise, because apparently your uterous continuously contracts anyway. I think I read that in 'Up the Duff'.

Hope that helps
Victoria
xx
Yep, braxton hicks is when your uterus tightens up. This can come with or without pain, usually without. I've also been getting the period like pains on one side and they said that bubs is moving it's way down. HTH smile

Linda ~ DD1: 10/01/06 ~ DD2: 26/06/07

Hi,
I am just starting to experience Braxton Hicks for the last 4 weeks or so. My stomach tightens but you dont get any pains. I 1st thought that it was just the baby having a big stretch!

hey,
i was curiousa about what they feel like too.

im 26 weeks pregnant and i have been having "period pains" every now and then.
the other day i felt a whole heap of pressure in my lower stomach (sorta of where the topic of your undies sit) it was there for about 5 minutes then went away, and then came back and did the same thing about 15 minutes later. It wasnt quite a pain just reall uncomfy. I didnt really understand what it was but a few people have just said 'its prob braxton hicks'. but i didnt know.

Dakota 7 month old lil princess

Yeah I am 26 weeks (well nearly) and have had pretty much the same thing.
I don't have any idea what braxston hicks are like so I king of just figured bubba was stretching out...

Sign in to follow this topic