Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First time Lock Rss

Hi Jodie,

Firstly I would like to say Congrats on your baby, secondly I'm sorry about the way your partner feels & thirdly I know exactly how you feel. When I was 17 I found out that I was pregnant. My then partner was not happy & told me that it was "GODS PUNISHMENT"for us sleeping together before marriage etc etc (he was a "when I feel like it Christian") We broke up & then got back together & broke up again numerous times during the pregnancy. 8 months later my beautiful baby girl was born. We broke up (for the last time - I finally woke up to myself!) when she was 8 weeks old. It was scary facing single motherhood but I knew that my daughter & I would be better of without him as he didn't want to be a father. We coped with the help of very supportive friends & my family who all adore my daughter. When she was 9 months old I met a wonderful guy who adored both myself & my daughter. We married on our 1st anniversery & have been together now for 3 1/2years (married for 2 1/2). My daughter calls my hubby Daddy ( as he is the only father figure she has ever known as she met him when she ws 9 months old) & he loves her like she is his own. Only our family & those who knew us before we met, know about it & everyone else we meet says how much like her daddy (my hubby) our little girl is!! It sounds weird but it's true, she is so like my hubby because she has been raised with him & she has all his mannerisms habits etc etc! Now our little girl has a beautiful 9 month old baby brother! So, it may be daunting now facing this situation but remember it is your choice & everything happens for a reason. You sound like you have a supportive family behind you. Your partner is the one that is going to be missing out on your beautiful baby. As for his family, it depends on the kind of people that they are. ( my ex's family are just as bad as him) But if your partners family are understanding then they would probably like to get to know their grandchild or atleast have the opportunity to. Anyway, will stop talking now. I hope telling you about my story helps you. Whatever choice you make, make sure it is the right choice for you. If you need to talk please feel free to email me at [email protected] I am online everyday & would love to talk. Hope everything works out.

Nome.

Nome, QLD, 4yr old girl, 9 mth old boy.

Hi Jodie, I dont usually add to these forums but in this particular instance I thought I would as I am 8 months pregnant and when I found out I was pregnant it was a big shock to both me and my partner. We had a very unstable relationship and were pretty close to breaking up. He wanted me to get rid of it, pressuring me into reasons why I shouldn't keep it, financial, emotional, future, the whole lot. I chose to keep the baby and I think it was the best decision for me. We're still together and he is now really excited at the idea. Remember, its a big shock to both of you. You need to make the decision based on what is best for you. I hope this helps.

Wendy, SA, baby boy Oct 03

Sign in to follow this topic