Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Silly Thoughts Lock Rss

Hi All

I am 33 weeks pregnant with my first child and lately I have been having stupid stress attacks about something being wrong with the baby when it is born....

Has anyone else thought these things or am I going insane?

Regards
Ando

mummaof3

Hi Ando,

It's not silly at all. I doubt there is a single woman out there who hasn't had thoughts that something is wrong with their baby.

When I was pregnant with my first I sat there and tried to count how many drinks I had or how many times I had eaten something bad before I found out I was pregnant, and called myself every name under the sun.

I had dreams where my baby was born with some horrible illness or deformity, and also dreams that something happened to *me* while giving birth.

I had a perfect, healthy and beautiful baby boy.

Now I am pregnant with my second and I still have the same thoughts and dreams. It sometimes keeps me awake at night, and I can't stop my mind from wondering to the "what if" place.

There is always that tiny little chance that something may not be quite right when your bubs is born, but you don't have to worry about crossing that bridge unless you come to it.

Nothing I, or anyone else says will make you stop thinking these thoughts, but rest assured that you are not alone in having them.

Try not to stess over it. Talk to your midwife at your next AN appointment, and I'm sure she will be able to ease your mind.

Take care smile

Jaime
Sign in to follow this topic