Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. mum choosing which nappies to use!!

mum choosing which nappies to use!! Lock Rss

Hey i was just wondering if anyone could help me im bout to have a baby im 40 weeks and 1 day 2moro and i have a prob with my mum she wants me to use towel nappies while im at home and disposables while i go out and i really dunno for sum reason i really dun like the idea of towel nappies but i dunno how to tell her without her going off at me so was just wondering if there is anyone out there who use's both or how it works for you??? please reply im going out of my mind!!! gasp(

Lauren , Qld , mummy to baby jack 27/7/05 gasp)

Hi

I am 34 weeks pregnant with my 1st and I intend to use cloth nappies at home and disposables when out.

I don't know what made me decide this. I suppose one reason was cost and another reason is I have always thought of part of being a mother as washing cloth nappies ( i am in no way implying that people who use disposables are lesser mothers, so please don't think that)....

As far as your mum is concerned i don't really think she has a right to go off at you no matter what decision you make. It is after all your child and you are the one who is going to be doing the washing etc....

Ultimately the decision lies with you and even if your mum goes off her brain she will get over it and learn to live with it.

Regards
Ando

mummaof3

Hi!

I intended to use cloth at home & disposables when out & then realised all the cloth nappies I had wre way too big for my little ones tiny butt. So we ended up with disposables. Now that I'm toilet raining though I've been thinking of awitching to cloth through the day so he can recognise the feeling of being wet after he does a wee. I think that will make him more aware of when he does it & that it doesnt feel very nice so he'll want to go to the toilet instead. Wish me luck on that one!

I'm guessing that you've huad bubs by now so Conrats!

CJ, SJ 3/03, AJ 11/05, PJ 4/08

Hi..

Have you had your bub yet? I'm hoping so.. its such a challenge when you go overdue!!! lol

Anyhoo... I have had 3 babies and wanted to use cloth nappies for all 3 but they all developed terrible rashes even though i was changing regularly, using creams and powders and in the end even the pediatrician tried cortisone ointment but still the rashes continued and got worse in the end he suggested disposables, and presto no more nappy rash and a happy bub!

For this baby i intend on using disposables oh excuse me for a second...

(Irene if you are reading this dont bother emailing me AGAIN about what a bad mother i am and how i am the cause of pollution and excess land fill!!!)

Long story but if you read my other thread about nappies I got a message from someone telling me about my responsibility for pollution and land fill!!! lol

So i would do what ever you feel comfortable with and your mum will just learn to live with it.. your a big girl now!!!

Take care and I hope all is okay with you and bub

Tarnya
xxx

Michael 11/08/99,Rebekah 24/04/02,Thomas 15/01/06

Sign in to follow this topic