Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Just found out im having twins. Any other mums having twins?

Just found out im having twins. Any other mums having twins? Lock Rss

Hi, i just found out im having twins. Im excited and scared at the same time. I have a 2yo boy and im kinda scared he will get a little left out when the babies come. Has anyone else here on Hu**ies had or having twins. I know there are other sites that i can join to talk to parents of twins but i love this site and would rather stick to it. Love to chat to any other mums who are going through or that have been through this.

Mum to 3 boys

Hi there, congratulations! smile

Im also pregnant with twins, although this is my first pregnancy. How many weeks are you? im now 26. Were you surprised when you found out? hehe i sure was!
yes i was suprised but i knew the risk was there due to the fertility drugs i was on. hubby and i joked about it but never actually thought it would happen! i am between 7 and 8 weeks along and soooooooo sick! how is it carrying two at 26 weeks? Im so worried i wont be able to handle it as carrying one was bad enough for me. i dont think mine will be identical as they each have their own sac and placenta. Do you know if yours are identical or not? I only come online every few days so if i dont respond imediatly its not that im snobbing you its just im too tired to even look at a computer let alone type a message. please keep me informed of your progress and let me in on any little hints you might have on coping with a twin pregnancy. Ta.

Mum to 3 boys

hey again. I sympathise with the tiredness problem! at the start i was the same. weeks 7-10 was the WORST morning sickenss time for me. i barely got out of bed for about 2 weeks i didn't think it would ever go away. But at 12 weeks it just dissapeared. I was pleased to say the least! You must be so drained having a toddler to look after while feeling so ill. I just hope you dont get unlucky like me, i have had EVERY pregnancy discomfomfort ever invented i think!! Doesn't help that i look full term already!!
Mine have their own sac and placenta too, so it's less likely they will be identical. I have a scan next week so i hope to find out what sex they are. I know one is a boy, but twin 2 crossed its legs and wouldn't co-operate at the 20wk scan! hehe. I like having scans, they look so cute cuddled up together smile

Let me know how your doing.
x

Hey, more twins, seems like more people than i thought are expecting twins.
I was really tired at the start which made it hard working but i got through until i got fired at 12 weeks pregnant.
My girls have one big sac with a thin membrame dividing them, and they share a placenta. It's good if you have two placenta's as more of a low risk.
And you do look full term really early as i am finding out.
hi ladies,
Just found out we're expecting twins on the 5.3.08. We were in total shock. We already have 2 boys and it didn't even cross our minds that we could have twins, though my hubbies mum is a twin. I really didn't want twins we were simply just trying to have a girl and apparently through the scan they found out that my right ovary released 2 eggs not just one and they both got fertilised. Scary times ahead.

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

Congrats Flintstones thats so exciting! im also pregnant with twins, this is my first & mine are also fraternal (2 eggs) so many twin pregnancies around. Its fun, you've got yourself an instant family & everyone loves to give you that extra attention =)

Thanks Kiksta,
I just wish that they were my first babies not my last. I'm still coming to grips with the concept of having 4 children now!

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

wow, great to hear there are so many twins being expected! Im not alone YEAH!!!

congratulations to all of you!

Is it just me or is it normal to feel extatic about having having twins one minute and petrified the next?

At the momment im extatic!!!

Mum to 3 boys

Hi, I just found out about a week ago I am having twins too. They are non identical as they have their own sacs. Which is probably better as identical twins can have more complications, than non identical twins. They are due at end of January but as we all know the chance of going earlier is pretty high. This is my third pregnancy with the oldest daughter turning 4 on 2 January and my other daughter turning 2 at end of September. My second daughter was born 10pounds 3 so I guess that helps my body a little as it is use to big babies but I am still a little concerned as to how big we will get so quickly. I have a wedding to go to in October- and I will be 26 weeks, I have no idea how big I will be. I wish I could see photos of other mums pregnant with twins so I have an idea of sizing. Good Luck.

How time flies!!

Hi Lizz,

It is very normal to feel ecstatic one day and petrified the next. I am 35.5 weeks and have a maximum of 17 days to go. Some days I am so excited about having two bundles of joy and others I am absolutely petrified at the thought of caring for two helpless little babies!

The thing I am most worried about is the lack of sleep!

Carly - mummy to Alyssa, Ava and Mason

PS Marita, I am easuring about 42 weeks fundal height. I am all belly though, no weight anywhere else. My maternity clothes are mostly size Small. With my other pregnancy, my clothes were extra small so I am bigger but not substantially.

Carly - mummy to Alyssa, Ava and Mason

Sign in to follow this topic