Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Any ideas what might be happening?

Any ideas what might be happening? Lock Rss

I am now 38 weeks pregnant and last week I had a really sweet smelling discharge (like I wet myself but crystal clear fluid) so off I went to the hospital and they said it wasn't my membranes leaking. I have had this everyday since and I know I haven't been wetting myself. I have started vaginally using evening primrose oil at night too. Today I am feeling exhausted (just want to sleep) and keep having tighening of my tummy but it makes my chest feel very light. Is this braxton hicks or what? I never had any of this with my daughter.

I am due to be induced on Wednesday as I had an emergency c/section with my daughter after 16 hours.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be happening?

Lifes full of challenges

It sounds like some Braxton Hicks. It's quite common apparently to leak amniotic fluid a bit, especially in the last weeks. I think if there are great gushes that you should call the hospital. You could be very close - if in doubt, call the hospital.
Tamcor
Maybe wear a sanitary pad so you can catch the discharge and show them at the hospital.
I am very interested to hear how your birth goes as I too had an emergency c-section after almost 24 hours of labour with my first and am also 38 weeks pregnant (you would've had your baby by now though).

If you could give me a bit of info so I could be prepared etc that would be wonderful. You can email me at [email protected]
I hope everything went well with the birth.
Kristy

member since 2004

Sign in to follow this topic