Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Sad about having no more children

Sad about having no more children Lock Rss

Hi Mums

My husband and I have been discussing when to have our next baby which will be our last and I can't help but feel a deep sadness about it.

I really enjoy being pregnant and find my life so much fulfilling now that I have two lovely babies to care for. They bring so much joy into our lives and I just can't bear the thought of not having more than three. I have discussed the possibility of having a fourth child with my husband but he is adament that he only wants three and is already talking about when to have a vasectomy.

I have a real yearning for this next baby but was wondering if any of you out there still felt like that and weren't planning on having any more children? Is it something that fades away? Do any of you think that you know when you have had enough? At the moment I feel like I could keep going but of course my husband would need to agree and that will never happen I am sure!

Is it silly to feel this way?

Thanks
Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Hi Kristi,
I know how you feel, I had my last pregnancie
9 months ago and although we were bleased with twins, it will be my last.
And in a way I also feel a little cheated as i missed out on the last 2 months of kicking, rolling all that fun poking stuff I loved with my daughter. They were born at 32 weeks.
I loved being pregnant although it wasnt always good

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hi Kristi,

I'm feeling the same right now too. We have two gorgeous children and I would love just one more, but hubby is the same, keeps saying two is enough to look after, and they're too expensive! Today especially I've been really thinking about it. I absolutely LOVED being pregnant, and I loved the baby stage more than anything. It is quite sad knowing that when it's done, it's done, as it all goes so quickly and their only little for such a short time. I don't feel like I've had enough - I keep trying to forget about it but I can't!! I guess we're in the same boat. At least we can both share our greivances with each other!!

Good luck

angela, QLD, 3 year old, 8 month old

Sign in to follow this topic