Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Second time around Rss

Hi, I'm Zoe. My husband and I have an angelic 9 mth old girl - Jazzy and are expecting our second (believe it or not we planned it that way!!). I'm about 9 weeks and have been searching for info on pregnancy for the second time around - other peoples experiences etc and can't seem to find anything. Can anyone help?

Zoe, Vic 9 mth baby and one on the way

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I have just had my second (both boys) and there is 17 months almost to the day between them. We too planned it so they were close. My pregnancies were slightly different, although this is hard to pin point as I didn't get morning sickness or any other discomforts other than an ever increasing waistline.
I found that second time around you just know what's going on in your body better. I felt the baby move earlier (because this time I knew it was the baby, not just wind). Also, for me, giving birth was easier second time around, because I knew what was going on. I too found it hard to gather information on second pregnancies, as most info is designed for first time mum's.
I would have to say that (for me) it is easier to have two young children than to be a first time mum again. Zac (my 18mth old) is a lover of routine, so all our days follow a similar routine. Wake up, play, breakfast, walk, snack, play, SLEEP.
Wake up, play, snack, play, dinner, bath, SLEEP.

Well, I hope this helps you a little.

Susan, WA, 2 boys (18mth & 2 mth)

hi zoe,
i found that with my second i was more scared because i knew what was going to happen. i had a long drawn out first labour (3 doses of gel to soften cervix & 10 hours of labour)with gas and pethadine, my son was 7lbs 12ozs but a quick 3 hr labour with only gas, my daughter weighed 9lbs 7ozs . both healthy.i found i was more relaxed with both the delivery and when we came home. i had nearly 4 years difference between my 2.

trudy,nsw,mum to kai 5 & chelsea 21 mths

Hi sarah hear I am expecting my second aswell and after having a perfect pregnancy and quick delivery first time around I was nervous about not being so lucky this time so i looked through a book i got in my first pregnancy called "what to expect when your expecting" and they do have some info on second pregnancies aswell. I got my copy from Kmart if you looking they also have what to expect the first year and what to expect the toddler years
all very informative.
Good Luck
Sarah.
Sarah and other mums,

I too have all those books you mentioned and they are great. My daughter is now 16 months old and I have been reading through the "What to expect the Toddler Years". I aslo have "what to expect when you are expecting" and "what to expect the first year"... My husband boght each of them for me as gifts when the time came for those stages.

I am now 24 weeks pregnant and have been reading back through "what to expect when you are expecting" and I have found that most, but not all of the stuff still applies for a second pregnancy.

Being pregnant for a second time, I guess it is assumed that we know what we are doing this time round... but that's not always the case and things change too.

Goodluck to all the mum's going through their second pregnancies.

Michelle
I was also wondering if it is easier too?? , my daughter is 17 months and i am exspecting a son in 2 months.My daughter only took2 hours to come soo im hopeing my son comes faster ! and easier too.But either way i hope hes healthy and happy when he decides to join us smile grin [center][/center][left][/left]
Hi Zoe,
I have 2 boys who are 13 months apart and we planned it that way I guess I don't have anything to compare it to but I love it you just do everything twice instead of once. Obviously everyones experience is different and although I had a pretty easy first pregnancy I found the second time around I was so much less stressful. I didn't worry about all the litlle aches and pains because I had felt it all before. I also felt bub move earlier. Birth was easier and I managed to do it drug free the second time around. DS2 is such a relaxed easy going baby and I have to wonder if part of the reason he is so relaxed is because I was so much more relaxed during my pregnancy. The only downside for me was the morning sickness was worse.

Sign in to follow this topic