Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Book & Resources
  5. The Business of Being Born Documentary

The Business of Being Born Documentary Lock Rss

hi ladies just wondring if anyone knows how we can now view this movie The Business of being born online or where we can purchase/hire it from. I came across some comments about it on the net and would be really keen to watch it. Thanks smile

Hey I just posted on here a couple of days ago recommending this documentary lol.
I downloaded it but you can watch it on here:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/business-being-born/

Have a look on the site too there's heaps of good documentaries smile

Hi thanks for that. when i go there it only comes up playing 9.48min of it then says it has been removed. Are you able to please give me the link where you downloaded it from? thanks smile
Hi Meg, Just thought I'd offer to give you a copy if you haven't been able to get hold of it online yet. PM me if you're interested.

I actually watched it on youtube. It's uploaded in one lot to so you dont have to find multiple videos.

Hi Meg, Just thought I'd offer to give you a copy if you haven't been able to get hold of it online yet. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks thats very generous, i will see if i can watch it on utube first otherwise might take you up on that offer smile

I actually watched it on youtube. It's uploaded in one lot to so you dont have to find multiple videos.

Thanks for that, just wondering if you can link me where you went for it, I havent been successful in finding it on youtube?

thanks smile
I pre-ordered mine from America when it first came out (very eager lol). I don't think there is a full showing of it online, i think "netflix" would have it though other than that you would have to buy it. Sorry aout that, just looked and netflix isn't even in Australia but i found this and it has some subtitles in a different language down the bottom and it's cut into 9 sections but just after each one finishes you will see the next video below it, http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/business-being-born/

I just went through my search history to try and find the link for you and I found it but it comes up saying "The Business ..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Business of Birth, LLC.
Sorry about that."

I hope you can find a copy somewhere it really is worthwhile watching.

Great documentary. But remember it's filmed from the American perspective and hospital birthing procedures are way more 'medicalized' than in other countries.

I watched it on Netflix when I was in the States. Don't think Netflix is available anywhere else (perhaps Canada?).
Not sure if anyone is interested to know now but I just reserved this at my local council library (in Brisbane) to watch as I had read a few comments on different forums about it also. Hope this helps wink
Sign in to follow this topic