My parter and I talked about whether we should find out the sex of our 1st baby (due 06/04), and he said HE didn't want to know but I did! We just had the 19 week ultrasound and I obliged (or is that obeyed??!!!) by covering my eyes, but they got an 'accurate' view and noted the sex. I CAN'T BELIEVE I GAVE IN!!! I asked him why he gets to decide on 'to not know' and he said if I knew but was willing to keep it secret, he'd get too curious and then would want to know. To that I explained that I would not tell him, no matter what, but he still said 'no!'
U can't really compromise on this decision can u? A part of me feels like I'm letting him 'wear the pants', but I'm tempted to call up and find out (or through my doctor) what it is! Would that be wrong? Should I just accept HIS decision, or do what I feel is right for me? I really would like to know, and I don't think it's going to take away from the beauty and surprise of seeing baby for the first time! I welcome your advice!!!