Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

Fussy 3 1/2 yr old eater Lock Rss

Hi
My 3 1/2 year old daughter is a very fussy eater. She would live off fish fingers and noodles and cheese, wont eat any sort of fruit and will only eat Avocado (in a sandwich with creamed cheese or vegimite) or potato.
I have tried hiding the vegies in various dishes we have for example grating the carrot, zucchini and sweet potato up finely and mixing it into a meatloaf. I have tried making her fruit smoothey and fruit icey poles but she wont have a bar of it.
I am full out of ideas and would love some advice or help from anyone who has been there.
I am getting desperate.
Thanks
Suzanne
Can't help you with ideas but thought I would let you know you are not alone, my 3 1/2 year old will not touch any fruit or veges and is fussy with all of her food. I have tried everything to make fruit and veges appealing but she won't touch them. I find it so strange especially as her older brother eats fruit all the time. She is unwell at the moment and has been prescribed antibiotics, we have a screaming match everytime I try to give her them.
One thing I do is give her real fruit juice as at least she gets some goodness from that.

Nikki, Brissie, mum of 3,

My son is a really fussy eater. He will not eat vegies, and the only fruit that he will eat is apple. He will not eat sadwiches or anything like that. The only foods that he does eat is yoghurt (without lumps), apple, rice cakes, fruit bars and LCMs. Thats it.
Well that used to be. We have just recently got him to eat potato for dinner. We had to literally hold him down. But because he didnt like that he now knows to eat his dinner otherwise we have to hold him.
Since he started Kindy, he recently had a quarter of a sendwich.
So our long struggle is coming to an end.
I have one suggestion for you. take away all the food you know that she likes. Then introduce different foods. this sounds really mean. But do not give in. By taking away all the food she does like she will eventually eat the food that she hasn't tried.

mel

mel, qld, tristan 4

My Son is nearly three and we still struggle over some foods but I have finally got him into trying everything on his plate and eating everything that is on it. I give him a little of everything and started to make him try things in the end I took him to the supermarket and told him to choose a pudding (ice cream) and told him if he sat up the table nicely and ate everything on his plate he could have some pudding. There were a few painful nights where he screamed at me for pudding but I didn't give in, finally he ate everything on his plate and got pudding, after that he clicked really fast and most nights eats everything even eating more types of food (veges) so he can have pudding. You do need to make sure that you don't expect them to eat to much so it looks like it is achieveable and there is some things they just wont eat no matter what.
Sign in to follow this topic