Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Swallowing toothpaste Lock Rss

hi all

my lil boy loves to brush his teeth everyday, which is a great thing for me. my only concern is that he wont spit the toothpaste out and always swallows it.

had anyone heard of any health problems that could come from doing this....or am i just over reacting??? oh i've heard it can cause white patches on the teeth but i'm unsure whether to believe it.
Amy
funny you should ask this question as i am 34yo and have patchy teeth and went to the dentist and asked why it was and she said because we had fluoride in the water plus i would have done the same thing as your son and eaten the toothpaste. i don't know how much it would take to effect ihis teeth but i know i used to eat it at school!!! weird i know. we live in qld now and my son also swallws it but we have no fluoride in the water here so hopefully it will be ok. hopefully he will break the habit before he starts school and won't do to much damage.
i actuallyasked a pharmasist about my daughter swallowing toothpasste and he said it wouldnt hurt her as she only has a tiny bit on her tooth brush anyway. so dont stress it shouldnt hurt your child

happy mum

Hey Amy,
My daughter swollows her tooth paste while im brushing her teeth as well!!
I have never heard of toothpaste being harmfull for a person! Im not saying that its not bad but its not bad enough to come with a warning or anything so i dont believe its THAT bad for your child.
I wouldnt be surprised if all little kids sucked the tooth paste off there tooth brushes!!
I wouldnt worry if i was you smile

Frances,Sophie 2 3/4 smile

I use to eat it too, I'm normal - I think..........

LOL

The bonus is they have lovely smelling breath for the rest of the day. I wish it came out the other end smelling so nice - lol.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

HI THEREAMY MY KIDS DO THE SAME NOW I GET THE KIDS TEETH PASTE FOR THEM ITS NOT STRONG FOR THEM SOMETIMES I USE IT TO ITS GOOD IT DOESNT TAKE THERE BREATH LIKE SOME TEETH PASTE DOES HOPE IVE HELP YOU OUT ABIT LISA
Sign in to follow this topic