Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler's Health
  5. Itchy Peeling feet & hands

Itchy Peeling feet & hands Lock Rss

My 3yr old has since the winter months, had itchy & peeling feet, as well as on his palms of his hands. I have also noticed that there are tiny blisters of clear liquid on his hands as well. Any ideas what it is and how to heal & prevent it?
It could be hand foot and mouth disease...
Hi,
I'm no expert so my advice is to take him to your doctors.
It could be as simple as an allergy reaction. My nephew broke out with blister type bumps on his face and arms. The first doctor said it was foot and mouth, then my sister took him back because she didn't feel it was right and it turned out it was an allergy reaction. I've never seen an allergy like that before but it didn't look nice, my poor nephew sad
Until you take him to the doctors, it wouldn't hurt putting sudocream or pawpaw ointment as they are both healing creams.
I hope that helps and hope your little critter gets better very soon.
smile
[quote name='Uj' date='06 June 2011 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1307319173' post='3002278']
My 3yr old has since the winter months, had itchy & peeling feet, as well as on his palms of his hands. I have also noticed that there are tiny blisters of clear liquid on his hands as well. Any ideas what it is and how to heal & prevent it?
[/quote]

Hi Uj.

I think your three year old has dyshidrosis. It's a rare kind of eczema that only affects 20 in every 100,000 people. I know many home remedies for dyshidrosis.

One home remedy that I know is rubbing alcohol. Using a needle, carefully prick your son's blisters. After pricking all of them, rinse his hands and feet briefly with rubbing alcohol then dry him up. It's painful but the blisters will be gone in hours.

Another home remedy for [url="http://www.goodbyeeczema.com/fingertips-peeling...] would be to soak your son's hands in a salt solution - which is basically salt dissolved in water. Unlike rubbing alcohol, this isn't going to be painful but it will take days for the blisters to go away. Only soak the areas that have blisters and do this for at least 30 minutes each time, two times a day. In a few days, your son's blisters will dry up.
Sign in to follow this topic