Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

Viral pneumonia Lock Rss

My 34month dd has viral pneumonia sad her fever has gone, but she has an awful cough. She has lost alot of weight in the last week from not eating or drinking much. I have been told that it can take between 2-4 weeks to recover, and that the cough may linger for months. Does anyone when did they normally get their appetite back? dd is already on the small side, so I am worried about the amount of weight she is losing. Some days she seems so weak, she can nearly stand.
Poor little girl, that sounds horrible. I can't shed any light about when her appetite will return as we haven't experienced that illness, however we noticed our child's appetite depreciated at exactly 2yrs and 8 mths and that wasn't caused by an illness but just behavioural. After witnessing the depreciation in weight the doctor told me not to worry, kids never starve, they just become fussy eaters.

Almost a year on and it has improved but very slightly, we still bribe dessert if all of dinner is eaten.

As adults, when we are sick, food and water isn't appetising, suggest you continue to offer food (that you know she loves) and water (or make a pure fruit juice) for a boost in energy and she will be on the mend before you know it.

Good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic