Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Hearing Aids Lock Rss

My son is 20 months old and has a moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears. He has had hearing aids since he was 11 months old, and now after alot of hard work he is keeping them in "most" of the time. I am interested in talking to other mums/dads that are in the same boat - I have found it hard to find other mums/dads for support, as I know I need it some weeks and I am sure if you are in the same boat, you will to! Look forward to hearing from you.
Hi,

I am in the same boat. I have 31 month old twins ( sick of saying 2 1/2 ). My DD has a mild/mod bilateral sensorineural hearing loss. She was aided at just over 4 months of age. We are involved in an early intervention program in Melbourne. When she was around the one year old mark, she would continously take them out. Her teacher of the deaf gave me an idea, which worked for us. I told her that I would play with her, BUT, if she took her aids out, I would stop playing. The length of time gradually increased. She wears her aids all day, and even when she goes to bed in the arvo for a nap. Just out for her bath and big night time sleep.

What kind of hearing loss does your son have? Is it conductive or permanent like ours? Are you involved with any intervention groups or support groups?

Sue

Susan twinmum boy/girl Oct 2003

Sign in to follow this topic