Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler - General Chat
  5. placid baby to 1year old tantrum thrower!

placid baby to 1year old tantrum thrower! Lock Rss

Hi Suz, first of all i did rileys pic through www.tinypic.com, you just upload the photo, it then it gives you the address to copy for forums and you just paste it into your signature box! sounds a bit confusing but it is really easy! and pick the size for the photo as forums or websites i think it is! let me know if you have any probs!!

I really dont want to stop breastfeeding riley either but i am getting so many "are you STILL feeding him" comments, it is quite annoying! i would like to drop the morning one though but the night one i will probably stick with until about 18 months unless he drops it himself! i absolutly love breastfeeding and the closeness and i know i will really struggle when i decide to stop! i am hoping riley will wean himself but i really dont think he will! thanks for the advice! i have had riles drinking milk from his sippy cup with his lunch and arvo tea and he is getting really good with it so hopefully it wont be too hard to do! its just the night one i am worried about, but i guess as he gets older it should be a bit easier!! I can't imagine what it would be like not breastfeeding! what would i do with myself hahah there goes my 30 mins watching sunrise in the morning and home and away at night LOL smile Jodie

Hey Jodie

Ha ha...not only do our sons share the same birthday, but you and I are so alike! I was so upset to give up breastfeeding..there were tears. Just to stop the lunchtime feed was bad enough because I went back to work, and then last week, to stop both morning and night feeds over the course of the week made me really sad. I absolutely loved breastfeeding, the cuddles and the closeness was magical and Wil used to roll over at the end for a nice long back scratch and giggle...it was priceless. I'm really conscious now of how much I cuddle him and make sure I still give him a massage and a scratch and lots of kisses (which is not hard to do!). I am a sunrise, and home and away girl too...and had planned on feeding through to 18months but had to stop, not through any pressure from friends, but had to revisit my priorities. My advice, if you feel so strongly about it, don't let anyone make you feel bad about continuing. You need to do what's right for you and Riley and you don't want to have any regrets. I always told myself that you only get one chance at it, it's short term (and 18 months is short term over a lifetime)...so do it as long as you want to. (unless you're some kind of weirdy and continue with 'bitty' when he's in his 30's! ...if you don't watch little britain, ignore that last comment : ) ).

thanks for the picture/signature site, I'll give it a go, seems easy enough.

cheers
Suz

Hey Suz, what a clever girl you are with your pics! wil is gorgeous! now tell me how to do that? hehe i can only do basics smile

and yes i am a little britain watcher LOL! now tht is sick! what about nanna bitty heheheheehh ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I think you are right! i will probably drop the morning feed soon but the night one i think i will keep as long as i can! it just annoys me when people say "are you still feeding riley" like it is a crime! and before i know it he is going to be a big boy and wont want his mummy anymore! in some ways i think it will be easier if i do wean him around 18 months or so cos i think i would be heartbroken if he didn't want me anymore sad hehe silly isn't it! but i completly understand why it upset you so much, i recon i will cry too! i am so glad i perservered with it as it was so hard in the beginning! but it is such a beautiful thing to share with your bubba!!

Is wil your first?? Riley is our first, my dh has 2 older kids, dd 21 and ds 18 so riley is his third, so we probably wont have anymore bubs! plus i am 36 in november sad so sad heheheh

anyway, thats enough of my life story! riley is sposed to be going to sleep (a very late one) but is chucking a bit of a wobbly so i guess i may aswell get him up now! we are in perth so it is 4.30 here!! Have a good night! Jodie smile

Hey Jodie

Great to hear your story!....ahhh Little Britain, the first time I saw 'bitty' I was horrified but how funny is it! (and so relevant now).

I was hoping Wil would wean himself which I thought would make it easier for me to cope with, letting him have the choice rather than me making it for him but at the end of the day, I think it's been more about me than about him. That said, he got his first cold on his first birthday and he recovered really quickly, and I put it down to breastfeeding..he'd never been sick up until then. He's happy enough now though, a bit bumpy for a few weeks with weaning but all is good and I'm enjoying more cuddles than ever. He has in the last week or so, picked up a plush baby boy doll and is clinging to it...takes it to bed now..he never showed any interest in it before. A new security for him to replace b/feeding maybe? Don't be in a hurry to stop if you don't want to...continue to enjoy the closeness and cuddles with Riley.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of the tinypics website...it was really frustrating me that I couldn't get it to work, and bingo! I just made the collage up in powerpoint and saved it as a picture, then compressed it for the web and uploaded to tinypics. If you want me to make one up for you, let me know...just send your pics across (I can give you my email address on PM if you like).

My story, yep, Wil is our first...and we live in Sydney. I've had this overwhelming urge to have another one lately, but not sure if/when it will happen...I'm no spring chicken, 2 years older than you. Didn't realise how much they cost, so need to save some cash before we plan for #2.

I'm at work today, mum has Wil 2 days/week..and as you can see, am a little distracted. Should probably get back to it, have plenty to do!

Have a great day and let me know if you'd like me to pull a collage of pics together for you, it's no problem.

cheers
Suz

Hey Jodie

Great to hear your story!....ahhh Little Britain, the first time I saw 'bitty' I was horrified but how funny is it! (and so relevant now).

I was hoping Wil would wean himself which I thought would make it easier for me to cope with, letting him have the choice rather than me making it for him but at the end of the day, I think it's been more about me than about him. That said, he got his first cold on his first birthday and he recovered really quickly, and I put it down to breastfeeding..he'd never been sick up until then. He's happy enough now though, a bit bumpy for a few weeks with weaning but all is good and I'm enjoying more cuddles than ever. He has in the last week or so, picked up a plush baby boy doll and is clinging to it...takes it to bed now..he never showed any interest in it before. A new security for him to replace b/feeding maybe? Don't be in a hurry to stop if you don't want to...continue to enjoy the closeness and cuddles with Riley.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of the tinypics website...it was really frustrating me that I couldn't get it to work, and bingo! I just made the collage up in powerpoint and saved it as a picture, then compressed it for the web and uploaded to tinypics. If you want me to make one up for you, let me know...just send your pics across (I can give you my email address on PM if you like).

My story, yep, Wil is our first...and we live in Sydney. I've had this overwhelming urge to have another one lately, but not sure if/when it will happen...I'm no spring chicken, 2 years older than you. Didn't realise how much they cost, so need to save some cash before we plan for #2.

I'm at work today, mum has Wil 2 days/week..and as you can see, am a little distracted. Should probably get back to it, have plenty to do!

Have a great day and let me know if you'd like me to pull a collage of pics together for you, it's no problem.

cheers
Suz

Hey suz, Hope you had a good day at work! that is great your mum can have wil for you! my mum & dad live in albany about 4 1/2 hours south of perth so we havent got any family support up here which can sometimes be a bit difficult! a bit like today, i woke up with a migraine sad i haven't had one for about 2 years and it was a ripper, i was bfeeding riles this morning and had to go and vomit (sorry for the tmi) and did 4 times before he finished! so in the end i had to ring dh and get him to come home and look after riley for me and spent the day in bed and recovered about 4.30! not a nice day!!

Riley has also never really been sick, he had a rash once and a night of high temps once but thats it! must be breastfeeding!

That would be great if you could do a collage up for me! yours looks great! no rush though, just when you get a chance!!

how have wil's tantys been? riles has been pretty good lately! he was a lil monkey for his dad today though, not sleeping, 20 mins this morning and 30 this arvo! not a good day, i felt so guilty not seeing him all day and he was a bit out of whack i think, but was fine going to bed tonight, touch wood!

yep bubs are expensive aren't they, but i guess with the second you have already got most of the stuff! but its the time out of work etc too! it is alot harder on one income thats for sure! i would like to have another one, but my dh is a worry wort and thinks he is to old! he is 42 in august! well at least i have riley and i am blessed with such a beautiful lil man! (when he's not chucking tantys hahahahaha)

riley has never been one for comfort toys either, so it will be interesting to see if he decides he wants one when we eventually stop breastfeeding!

anyway, best get myself to bed! hope you had a great day! Jodie smile

Hey Jodie

Sorry it's been a while since I last wrote...wow, the migraine sounds awful, hope you feel better. Lucky DH was able to come home and help out. Was it just a 24 hr thing, or did you feel unwell for a few days? Would be hard on you trying to take care of Riley at the same time. Couldn't imagine what it would have been like having to vomit while breastfeeding! Anyway, hope you're better now.

Wil's tantys have subsided although he does let me know when he's not happy about something but gets over it pretty quickly now. Exciting times ahead, he's taking a few steps and doing the 'look at me with no hands' standing. Wont be long before he's walking (but not so sure I want to chase him around the place!).

Been busy at work and home over the last week, and we're off to tassie weekend after next, so have plenty to get through before we go. Still, no problem at all to do you up a collage..just send through all the pics you want and put them in order of most important, so I can determine size and layout. Check out PM for my email address.

Well I've been staring at a computer screen all day, so it's time to turn it off and chill out for a bit. Have a great night and I'll check my emails for your pics.

cheers
Suz

my son is 2 and has been for months now when he is anoyed throwing his head on the floor face 1st or head backwards and banging it on the floor or wall or door what ever is closest. it grates on my nurves and makes me feel bad, i tell him dont but he keeps doing it. im gunna do anothe post and hope some one can tell me how to get him to stop the head throwing..
he has also started screaming again, he doene it for a few weeks hen he was about 1 then it stoped now its back, he has no one to copy with screaming except once a week we go to playgroup, but it has just started again so i hope i can stop him soon with that one.

no help i know
but i wanted to vent about my son headbanging
cass
Hey Cass

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with the head banging and screaming. Wil has done and still does play up every now and then, so I made a point of checking out what was going on with him just before his tanty and/or what was going on in his environment. In the end, I put it down to boredom and attention seeking, because more often than not, it would happen when I was busy doing something else....

What I do now is place more emphasis and praise on his good behaviour as well as try to mix his day up by giving him different things to do (both with and without me so he's not reliant on me to entertain him). When he does scream and bang his head, I completely ignore him. He gets tired of no reaction and stops...and then we play or talk/sing/dance together and I give him lots of positive attention then. Seems to work most of the time, maybe give that a go? It might take some time for your son to come around to this if he's managed a reaction out of you each time he acts up, but see how it goes?

Feel free to vent anytime.

cheers
Suz

Hi suz, how are you going?? must be getting excited about your trip away to tassie huh! that will be fantastic!

Good to hear wil's tantys have subsided, riles has been pretty good too, except now we have the changing the nappy problem big time! he has become a nightmare, rolling, twisting, kicking arrggghh it is horrible! after bathtime is the worst, trying to get him changed! it is a real battle, not nice at the end of the day!!

Very exciting about wil standing by himself and taking steps! riley is not taking steps, but loves standing up and walks around on everything! he has stood by himself probably 5 times, but i think he will be awhile yet before he walks! wil might do it on your holiday!

I havent' had a chance to email the photos to you, but will do soon, even if you can do it when you get back from your holiday, that would be great!!

Cass - sorry to hear your lil man is banging his head and screaming! it is horrible when they throw tantys isn't it? and there isn't to much you can do about it! when riley throws his tantys, i usually pick him up and take him away from the situation and do something else and he usually stops straight away! Good luck with it!

Take Care Jodie

Hi guys, had to jump on the tanty bandwagon, ha ha
Mia does the same, she has such a bad temper. If i take something off her that she shouldn't have or i stop her from getting into something she throws herself out flat on the ground so that i can't pick her up . And she grinds her teeth when she gets really frustrated.
The funny thing is she has such a loving personality, always wanting to hug and kiss everyone and everything.

Maybe it's these June babies with their Gemini star signs. lol

Think it must be the starsign jo! our bubbas have very strong wills dont they hahaha Riley's changing nappy and clothes time is really getting bad! he is the tantrem king when he gets on the change table! i have now moved him to the floor but it hasn't made much difference! i am trying to think of new things to give him to keep him happy! i just dont get why all of a sudden he hates it! i guess its just another learning curve! a very wearing one though LOL jodie smile

Sign in to follow this topic