Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler - General Chat
  5. Who took my nice 3 yr old and replaced him with an evil one?

Who took my nice 3 yr old and replaced him with an evil one? Lock Rss

Hi everyone!

Please Help, I'm going absolutley crazy! My DS who just turned 3 last week, also turned into a horrible little monster! He's been hiting, biting, throwing things, not sharing, yelling etc at his little brother (17mths) and his friends. It's a nightmare trying to get him to do anything ie get dressed, take a bath/shower etc. He's been speaking in a nasty voice and saying things like "I'm going to kick so and so" or "I'm not going to let him play" etc! When I make him do something he doesn't want to, like get dressed or share or whatever he'll just start screaming and screaming and hitting and kicking so I just put him in his room and sometimes he stays and sometimes he'll come out and do stuff like throw things at the wall or band thing on the table - so I take these things away and he'll get something else! It just seems to be a vicious circle that I'm trapped in! I don't know what to do, he just seems so angry but nothing has changes (except his age!!!!). I feel like I've failed somewhere along the line. Have I yelled too much? Have I smacked too much? Have I not paid enough attention? Don't I love him enough? I thought I had it all worked out and everything was running smoothly, but the wind must have changed or something!!!! I just don't know anymore, I've lost all patience!

Thanks for listening
Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Unfortunately I dont have any magic wand advice for you, I wish I did sad I just wanted you to know that I am feeling the exact same way with my 2.5 yr old son... I posted here under "Is my Toddler "normal?" a few days ago, and I got some feedback.

I am so patient, and hardly ever yell, smack etc, so I too wonder where it is all coming from...

So, again, sorry to hear you're having a hard time, just know that you're not the only one. Hopefully this is just a phase as a few people have told me, and we'll get our "angel" boys back soon!

Sytarnya
Sign in to follow this topic