Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Help, 3 year old troubles Lock Rss

Hi
I have a nearly 3.5 year old son who is going through some awful stages and I am really worried about him. He always wants to be "rudy nudy" as we call it, no clothes on - which is fine on the hot days but not the cold ones. He purposely hurts me- he knows I have a sore foot so jumps on it etc to really hurt me and I tell him off but he just laughs. He doesnt want to go to a playground if there is someone else there, he will cry and refuse to get out of the car. I am really scared as he will be starting pre-entry in less than 5 months and I am really worried that he will scream everytime - when he throws a tantrum he really throws one, I have never witnessed it before - where has my kind, gentle, loving and sociable little boy gone?

Julie, SA, mum to Thomas born 21/11/05

Hey Julie. What is it with 3 yr olds?! - I've never seen anything like my DD when she is on a moody rampage.

We use time out for bad behaviour. I give 1 warning then it's straight to time out for repeat behaviour. They are clever and he probably knows he'll get a rise out of you when he laughs at you so don't respond to it and hopefully he will grow tired.

Don't sweat the small stuff and really think if it's worth having a tug of war over annoying issues (like nudie rudie - I have one of those too!)and lots of praise for good behaviour.

I had absoloutely had it with my DD a few weeks ago and enrolled in a positive parenting course in May....it can't come fast enough!

I know you've probably heard all this before and it takes alot of energy, just want to let you know you're not alone.

Take care xx

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

Sign in to follow this topic