Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Toddlers Very Bad Behaviour Lock Rss

Hi
My 26 month old DS over the last fortnight gone from a pretty good toddler into a screaming, hitting, kicking monster and I have no idea why or what to do:(
He will just lose his temper at the most smallest thing and then the tantrum will start. He also will not have his day sleep for me at home anymore (he goes to daycare 4 days a week and still sleeps there).
I have tried everything to solve this from naughty corner, ignoring, smack but nothing seems to work. He will just scream in the naughty corner for ages and not stop until I go and get hime (1/2 hour later) and get him to do something else. He is doing the same thing when Dad is home as well. I have been reduced to tears so many times this last 2 weeks and I am over being completely useless and not being in control at all.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Hey, am sorry to hear you're going thru a hard time, i know how u feel, only a suggestion and by all means ignore if u like but maybe trying alot shorter time in the naughty corner, I was watching a tv show the other day and they said u really only need to do the time according to their age eg 2 yrs old, 2 minutes, i have no idea if this will work for you, can u calm him at all for him to listen to you? I have tried after the 2 minutes by getting down to my 2 yr old son's level, in a really calmly controlled voice (yes VERY difficuly sometimes) asking him to clam down, look at me,( give him a chance to take a few breaths) and only in short sentences, tell him why he was put in naughty corner, eg. mummy made you sit here because you screamed/ hit at me, no screaming/ hitting is allowed. Ask him then to apologise to you, and perhaps go and sit quietly on a chair and read a book to calm down. I know this sounds like a lot for a 2 r old to understand, but it is SLOWLY working on mine, so just putting it out there for you. I hope this is a very short stage for your son and he gets over it fast.

Sign in to follow this topic