Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler - General Chat
  5. Should I put DD in a toddler bed?

Should I put DD in a toddler bed? Lock Rss

My DD is in a toddler bed (from 16 months), I put her in because I needed the cot for new bubba and I wanted her to "detatch" from it before the arrival. She still wakes all night, but this hasnt changed from her cot time.

I still find her in it now though, she goes into my room and climbs in. LOL
I don't know if it will help, but there's no harm in trying. We put my DD in a bed at 17 months. I put the bed in her room a few months before (next to her cot) so she got used to it. We started by putting her in the bed for day naps only. After 2 days she was begging to sleep in the bed at night as well. From then she was in a big girl bed. It was an absolute breeze smile

I could just be a stage as well, she might go back to normal in a couple of weeks. Good luck smile
Never mind the bed thingy,,,,,I am impressed you can still use a change table! My DS never lies still, we have the change mat on the floor, since (dare I say it) from 6mos!

Never mind the bed thingy,,,,,I am impressed you can still use a change table! My DS never lies still, we have the change mat on the floor, since (dare I say it) from 6mos!

PMSL I have to sing old mac donald to get her to lie still!
I changed her on the floor from 11-15 months lol
And thanks for all the replies. I will decide when I've had some sleep and am not the world's crankiest mum smile

I still change my 2 1/2 yo on mine!

My DD went into a toddler bed at 16 months and single bed at 24 month, was perfect timing for us smile

I still change my 2 1/2 yo on mine!

DS was still changed on the change table until the day he was toilet trained (2yrs 8mths) and DD will be 2 on friday and the change table is still going strong. The only change that has happened in all that time is it has moved from the bedroom to the bathroom as when DD was a newborn, DS was still using it too, so we put it in a neutral place.

I find the changetable to be the only place I can change DD without her trying to run away!

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

Sign in to follow this topic