1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler - General Chat
  5. DD said the best thing today :)

DD said the best thing today :) Lock Rss

"love you mummy" it's the first time she has said it grin

Lately her fav saying is "not a problem." and "daddy's a lady."

Or her version of big red car; "toot toot tucca tucca, red caaaaaar, *insert jibberish* travel faaaaaaaar!"

and everytime I leave the room, without fail "where did mummy go?"

So what cute sayings do you love to hear from your toddlers?
Dd1 is four. The other day she say's- I need something to eat tha I wont spill on mummy and daddies bed. I think i'll go a peanut butter and jam sandwich" I'd never heard that one before.

Dd2 is trying to say words, but it's still alot of grunting and pulling. She climbs up on the couch and throws herself on us and say "orr" she will also pat us on the back like we do her. She has figgured out the words no and nope over the weekend. She uses them well.

Beep it melts your heart when they start saying they love you smile
Doesn't it absolutely melt your heart when they say that!

Today my DD1 came up to me & asked for a freshly squeazed orange juice please mummy! Hhahahaha!

Last week DD1 said to me "Mummy...Alba's (DD2) my best buddy friend" I burst into tears it was so sweet!

i swear that my kids were talking whilst still in the womb... lol. Jack at 21 months woke up in the middle of the night and said 'I wa fresh bink' (I want a fresh drink)... lol... we have been getting 'I lub ou' for months accompanied with the strongest hugs possible from a little boy...lol He even feels the need occassionally to yell it to me from the other side of the pool at swimming. It just melts my heart. He will be 2 in a little under 4 weeks... sad makes me sad to think our last baby is all grown up sad

Emily told me the other night when I was dressing her in her pj's that I was 'hurting her life'.... lol... she is 3 1/2 years old... lol They come out with the funniest things don't they!

Is OVER rude people

dd has just turned 2 and today she said to me (for the millionth time) mummy i hungry i want toast and i said no u just had lunch then she says no u make me toast 1...2...3... right u go to bed now or i smack! lol so cute she even did the pointing finger and counted out 1,2,3 fingers and held her hand up like a smack hahaha

ds just keeps asking me to take him to bunnings blink lol

The other day DF told DD1 that her behaviour better get better or she will miss out on going to the shops. She replied by telling him that he is a big meanie just like Zurg (Toy Story). On Saturday she told my dad to stop whinging when he was complaining about something LOL.

Last week DD1 said to me "Mummy...Alba's (DD2) my best buddy friend" I burst into tears it was so sweet!

That brought a tear to my eyes - so precious!!!!

DD1 wakes up every morning and calls out...."Daddy....where you-ooooooooooooooooooooo" then when she comes in to give me a hug she climbs up on the bed, gives me a kiss and a hug and says in the cutest and dearest little voice...."good morning mummy"! She also says it at night before she goes to bed....its still adorable!
Kidz definately do say the darndest things:

- DS 2 1/2 fav new word is bum. The other day he had a wedgie and said "Mum, my bum is hanging out". I said "I think you mean bot bot". "No its my bum".
Gotta love um.
something which DS said which just broke my heart, the other night he was crying in the middle of the night, I had gone in and settled him, he woke 1/2 hour later so DH went in, then he woke again 1/2 hour later and I went in (grumpy...oops) and said what is your problem, why arent you sleeping

he replied 'Mummy, I was sad and crying, I couldnt find you anywhere'

He had a dream where he couldnt find me and that was what was making him cry and wake up!

But I didnt learn my lesson, the next night he woke up, and I could hear him talking and whinging a bit and I thought if I left him for a bit as he wasnt too worked up, he would just go back to sleep. He didnt so I went in there and he said

Mummy, I was calling and calling you and you didnt come sad

First prize for bad mummy goes too??
But it was also pretty cute after the guilts went away, its kind of nice realising just how much I mean to him

"love you mummy" it's the first time she has said it grin

Lately her fav saying is "not a problem." and "daddy's a lady."

Or her version of big red car; "toot toot tucca tucca, red caaaaaar, *insert jibberish* travel faaaaaaaar!"

and everytime I leave the room, without fail "where did mummy go?"

So what cute sayings do you love to hear from your toddlers?

aww you made me grin I remember teh first time DD said thoose heartmelting words "wuv oo" wub

she pulls her sleve over her hand and says with a curious expression on her face and ask's... "where's it gone?" "There it is!" excitabley when she puts her arm back through hehe

her fave song atm is Justin Beiber blink "baby" and she sings the "baby baby baby oooh" part and dances like a crazy kid haha

her fave commercial add is the coles "prices are down" add and she points to her other hand and says "down down"

she runs up to DP when he isnt looking and smacks him on the tooshie and runs off giggling and squealing saying "Gunna get-chaaaaaaaaaaaaar" LOL
my little one comes up to me and says" Can i (pause) please have (pause) my KASI up (with a head nod and arm throw)" It just melts my heart and when I go out of the room to get her breakfast I can hear her calling out "Kassssssi where arrrre you?" =] Toddlers really do come up with the cutest sayings
I had two DDs - 4 years old and 8 weeks. My DD1 said to me yesterday "you have three kids don't you mum, dad's your kid too". Boy do I agree with that comment, seems I'm forever training him and picking up after him too so she's definitely right!!!
Sign in to follow this topic