Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Help for toddler behaviour Lock Rss

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is anyone in Townsville for help with toddler behaviour. My three year old DS throws the most aggressive tantrums and I do not know how to react when he does them in public. At home I just put him in his room till he cools off but when I am in public I just have no clue:(
Any help with this would be appreciated greatly!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is anyone in Townsville for help with toddler behaviour. My three year old DS throws the most aggressive tantrums and I do not know how to react when he does them in public. At home I just put him in his room till he cools off but when I am in public I just have no clue:(
Any help with this would be appreciated greatly!

if you are worried about his behaviour maybe see your GP and she if they can recommend something.

My DD is almost 3. we have be watching her diet, anything with too much sugars or colours really makes her behaviour TERRIBLE!!!

when in public, if she is throwing a tantrum i try and find somewhere to sit and calm her down. if we are food shopping it's a lot harder, but i try and distract her the whole shop, i get her to be my little helper and i get her to tell me what colour things are and sing me nusrey rhymes.

hope that helps
good luck!!

I think as a first step look at what he's eating, preservatives, colourings and additives can have a massive effect on children. If my DD eats 282 her behaviour is off the wall for 24 - 36 hours... 282 is found in bread products and crumpets... we discovered if she ate crumpets she lost it, could not control herself at all and had hysterical tantrums and was really aggressive. She also reacts strongly to preservatives in the 300s.

Have a look here for info on ones to avoid - and check all the foods you have to see what they contain, the more numbers, the worse they are.

http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info/information/additives50.htm

If its not a dietary thing then see your GP. They all go through difficult stages but overly aggressive or emotional warrants further investigation.
Sign in to follow this topic