Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

just terrible twos??? Lock Rss

hi everyone. i have a 2.5yr old son who used to be the sweetest kid in the world. he used to share his toys and generally got along with other kids. lately he's turned into such a little feral. chucks tanties when he doesnt get his own way, wont do as he's told, etc. and then i was informed when i picked him up from daycare today that he tried to bite a couple kids. is this really normal terrible twos behaviour? i dont know what else i can do. i discipline him and im consistent. please help.
It's the TT's. My DD is going through it at the moment. Although she's not biting. She'll scream the house down when she's told no. It's even worse when we go shopping, if we don't go the way she wants then she chucks the biggest tanty ever and won't move. We have to physically remove her from the middle of the path.
We've found treats for good behaviour work. Like when we're out if we can buy the things we need she can play on the playground, or if she does what we want she can have a chocolate milk. It doesn't work all the time since she thinks that because we've said she can have one that means she can have one regardless of her behaviour, which causes another tantrum but by that time we're leaving anyway. At home she has a rewards chart and doing something good gets her a Star with 5 Stars winning her a fun size chocolate. Now she happily puts her dishes in the sink, cleans up her mess and whatnot else.
When she gets beyond reasoning with then we put her in timeout, which thankfully isn't often. Eventually they'll learn but until then we just have to persevere.

yeah i was thinking about doing the reward chart idea anyway. and ive started using a time out mat. i was just getting worried about the way he carries on because i never see any of my friend's kids acting like that.
We (mum's group) found it's actually the terrible three's moreso. My son lost it! Also notched correlations between foods and behaviours, so we loosely follow sue dengates, 'fed up'. Looks at preservatives and colours and the resulting behaviours. Found mine is sensitive to preservatives in the 200 range and colour 160a&b. Consistency too has been good, noticed if we were getting lax on the rules, they take advantage, so have to have a period of saying things and following through, no exceptions. Good luck.

yeah i was thinking about doing the reward chart idea anyway. and ive started using a time out mat. i was just getting worried about the way he carries on because i never see any of my friend's kids acting like that.

My goodness I feel the exact same way. I never see friends kids carry on the same way as mine does. But then we don't see what their kids are like in their own home behind closed doors! lol
Sign in to follow this topic