for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler - General Chat
  5. how much notice to give for a birthday party

how much notice to give for a birthday party Lock Rss

My little girl is meant to have her 4th birthday party on sunday 17th june (birthday is 18th) which is a week tomorrow. but my 7week DS and I ended up in hospital this week so i didnt get the invites to the people she would like to invite from kindy. Ill get these out early next week. I had RSVP date of tomorrow on them aswell so I have to reprint them now and im wondering if I should delay it to the following sunday so its 2 weeks notice.

This is her first party with just friends, whats the norm on how long you before the party you should give out the invitations, is a week to short notice?

Im worried as it is that the kids might not come from kindy as shes only been with them a short time and I dont know any of the mums from there, only spoken to a couple of them which are not mums of the kids coming.

Last year she had her playcentre friends and I knew the mums and kids well so it was a bit different.
thanks, just went and had the invitations re-printed again, these invitations have ended up costing me a packet but hopefully we will be all sorted for the following weekend now.

My DD wasnt impressed but I just tried to explain that if she has it next weekend her kindy friends might not come as they might already be busy.

thanks for your reply
Sign in to follow this topic