Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler - General Chat
  5. Need ideas on how to label clothing for preschool!

Need ideas on how to label clothing for preschool! Lock Rss

My DS starts preschool next year and I know that I need to label all his clothes, bag, lunch box, drink bottle, EVERYTHING!

I'm not a particularly crafty person and this may be a stupid question but does someone know the best, easiest, most effective way of labeling things for your children??

Would love to get peoples tips on how to do it! Thanks! smile
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star wrote:
I use permanent maker.

that's the best, dont bother with iron on labels they are a nuisance.Also don't just label the tags as people cut them off.I write on the inside hem where they are not seen as well or instead

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star wrote:
I use permanent maker.

Me too. So much easier and I found with my daughter the iron on ones always came off Marker so much easier and won't wash or fall off.

Good luck

the lunch box stickers are good.I got ours from
www.thatsmine.com.au I found them the best after trying a few others

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

i use iron on ones for clothing, as my daughter hates tags in her clothes so I have to cut them out, and some clothes can either be too dark (black, dark green, dark blue) to write on, or too light (white or other pale shades) and the writing shows through. I use stick on labels for drink bottles, lunch boxes, shoes, school books etc. I use My Name Label products. http://www.mynamelabel.com.au/

Edited to add: I have used these iron-on labels since my first dd went to childcare, so nearly 7 years ago, and have never had one peel or come off through repeated wear and washing. You need to make sure the labels are stretchy so they move with the fabric, and that you iron them on correctly in the first place. smile
I just got some stamps made at www.namestamp.com.au they are great, permanent ink and my pack came with 10metres of iron on tape which i then stamp the names onto. They are great have been through the dishwasher and a few loads of dishes and are not faded at all.

I also have stuckonyou labels for DD1 but don't like them as much because people can just peel them off but they can't get her inked name off smile

Forever, for always and no matter what

tickled*pink wrote:

Ohhh....i'm going to have a look at getting this in the new year! That's fantastic.

The name stamps?? She said she is taking orders until mid jan I think. I can't remember lol I know that the new store is open for orders all the time, but if you miss the order then she will let you know when she is opening for orders again if that makes sense. I got a $40 pack i think plus postage and they are awesome i got 3 stamps with DD1's name and 1 with DD2's name and the labels with DD2's name even though they were all in the same pack she didn't mind doing 2 different names

oh and they are in nz now but just moved from aus early last year i think but postage is still really cheap

Sign in to follow this topic