Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Shampoo and Conditioner Lock Rss

Just a quick question...

I was wondering when you starting using 'normal' shampoo and conditioner, as opposed to baby/kids shampoo on their kids?

Thanks smile
Guess it depends on what you call "normal" shampoo. I didn't use anything on my kids, just clean water is enough to rinse their hair when little. When they started getting dirty I got them a natural, low suds shampoo. I think probably around age 2-3, can't remember exactly.
My daughter is 2 1/2 and her hair is halfway down her back when wet, but it is extremely curly so sits up on her shoulders.

I have just noticed that it is getting very knotty lately, especially at the bottom of the curls.
my oldest dd has curly hair that tangles easily too. When she was little we used Johnsons 'No more tangles', well that's what I think it was called. It was in a green bottle in the baby isle and was about $7 for each shampoo and conditioner. It worked great but was getting a bit expensive having that plus our normal shampoos. We now head and shoulders 2 in 1, as she excema which affects her scalp and gives her dandruff.

Olivejuice wrote:
My daughter is 2 1/2 and her hair is halfway down her back when wet, but it is extremely curly so sits up on her shoulders.

I have just noticed that it is getting very knotty lately, especially at the bottom of the curls.

If it's just the knots you want to sort out perhaps just a mild conditioner and just apply to back 1/2 or head and the ends? Then you won't have to worry about getting in her eyes etc. I wouldn't use anything made by J&J either. There a brand called Organic Care you can get at the supermarket that isn't expensive.
i used baby shamp up to age 3 then switched. their wee bodies are still sensitive.

Thanks Ladies.
I might even look into a tangle spray? I remember using them when I was little...
We use detangling spray, we use either the Palmolive Fashion Girl spray or an organic one that smells like berries. Cant remember the name of the second one. They are around $5 a bottle

Sign in to follow this topic