Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Eczema Lock Rss

What's the best thing to use to get rid of it, Harper is now 15 almost 16 months old. Her arms are covered my poor bubba sad

Hi there, my little one has a small amount on her feet and when it flared up Doc gave us a steroid cream and that really reduced the redness dryness and itching but the texture is still there. I think they grow out of it most of the time but it can't be cured. I was told to use coconut oil in the bath and to keep it moisturized. Best to put ointment on it because that is thick and apply with in a few minutes of bath so it traps in the moisture, that helps. I have also started using soap nuts (there not actually nuts) to wash the little ones clothes in to reduce the chance of allergy from washing powder causing her symptoms. I hope this helps.
We also used hydrozole for DS feet for 5 days and that would get rid of it and then at our GP suggestion, we would put vaseline for DS feet, we put it on at night and then put socks on. That worked for us.
We had to repeat the hydrozole cycle for a bout 3 times before it was gone entirely. We also used QV wash in the bath.

Good luck!
I used to get it so bad all over. It's only on one hand now- bizarre! I found none of the prescribed creams/ lotions etc worked for me. I now use coconut oil to keep moisturised. The best help for me was cutting out all products with harsh chemicals that directly touched my skin. Laundry powders/ detergents, soaps, hair products, dishwash liquid, creams etc.. Also watch what you use on yourself that may be transferring over- hand creams, make up etc.. Hopefully it clears up soon x
[quote post="3584405" name="*mummsy*"][b]*mummsy* wrote[/b]:
We also used hydrozole for DS feet for 5 days and that would get rid of it and then at our GP suggestion, we would put vaseline for DS feet, we put it on at night and then put socks on. That worked for us.
We had to repeat the hydrozole cycle for a bout 3 times before it was gone entirely. We also used QV wash in the bath.

This method worked for us too, only it was on the little man's arms, so long sleeve cotton tops put on after slathering on the ointments, QV or similar thing in the bath, and changed washing powder to a low-allergy type.
I get quite bad eczema in both Summer and Winter. Also dd1 and dd4 have it but not as bad as mine. We use only sensitive products eg, washing powder, fabric softener, soap and deodorant. When there is a flare up we use QV cream and sorbolene cream. If that's not enough we use a steroid cream called Advantan which clears it in a few days.
Good Luck smile

I had awful eczema as a girl- and porridge actually really really works. There's some sort of anti-inflammatory quality of oats that helps to heal the skin. We'd make some porridge, spread it over the skin, leave it for 15 mins then wash it off and moisturize the damp skin with olive oil. Saw a difference in about 3 weeks.

Also using natural products with no strange chemicals and moisturizing with olive oil instead of a bought moisturizer helps too.

And try only dressing your little one in cotton tops- my skin tends to react badly when in contact with synthetic materials so that may be a factor.
Wow, I have never heard of porridge as a possible remedy to eczema. Definitely worth trying!
Sign in to follow this topic