Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Outings vs Sleep Rss

Hi all,
We have a 1 year old who sleeps twice a day still around 10am and 2-3pm. We find it really frustrating that most baby classes or get togethers are on at 10 so at this stage have decided to forgo these outings in favour of sleep. We r happy with this at this stage being aware that at some point her sleep will change and we will be able to go to more activities but we get a lot of people saying we should just wake her and take her out to the classes any way. What are peoples thoughts on this?
Totally agree with the above.

If you want to give it a go and see how she reacts. She may just have a longer earlier afternoon nap on the days you go out.

I think that it is important for you get out and meet with other mums and bubs for you not just your DD.

My kids were all flexible. No way I could be home for every sleep. I have found that it has made them good travellers now. We travel all over the world and our kids sleep when they are tired no matter where we are.

All you can do is give it a go and if your not happy with the was things go don't continue.

Could you try changing to 1 long lunchtime nap?
Ds1 went down to one nap at lunch when he was around a year and I found that this made going out easier. We are up at 6 and usually he goes down between 10.30 and 11, but we have playgroup one day that finishes at 11.30 so he goes down late for his nap.
I have found it much easier with just the one long sleep at lunchtime smile

My DD is 13 months and we only really do one activity a week which is Swimming Lessons and we do that at 9am so she can go to bed after. We were doing it at 11.30am (after her morning sleep) but then she moved up a level and the 10.30am class just didnt suit.

I have 2 school aged kids so I try and put her down at 2pm at the lasted for a 1 hour arvo nap before school pickup but sometimes I have to wake to go, but she manages.

My bub is 8 months and sleeps whenever or where ever she feels like it. If I want to go out I will. If she gets tired she will sleep in her carseat, pushchair, someones lap or on the floor. She has done that from the beginning as we lead very busy lives. At 9 days old we drove from Tauranga to Wellington and stayed for a week, visited dozen on more people, watched big sis kick ass at a sports comp. Doing it from the beginning has probably made it easier.
As the above poster mentioned give it a try it cant hurt

Hi all, my DS is 3 month old and doesn't sleep much...actually he sleeps many short times through the day and mostly on my or someone's lap... People are saying that I need to put him into a routine but I don't know how to start and as I like going out with him I find routine very difficult
smile Does anyone have an opinion about it?
Fofo wrote:
Hi all, my DS is 3 month old and doesn't sleep much...actually he sleeps many short times through the day and mostly on my or someone's lap... People are saying that I need to put him into a routine but I don't know how to start and as I like going out with him I find routine very difficult
smile Does anyone have an opinion about it?

It might pay to start your own thread for this so you are notified of any replies rather than the original poster. smile

Thank you Shine on. This is my very first comment in forums.... I think you are right thank you for your advise.
Sign in to follow this topic