Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler's Growth and Development
  5. anyone else got a toddler still crawling?

anyone else got a toddler still crawling? Rss

HI,

my daughter is 15 months and still not walking! She has been crawling since 8 months,she stands holding onto furniture, but not yet walking! She still appears a bit unbalanced when holding hands and pushing things standing up. I know she will walk when she's ready, but I just want it to happen now! I'm sick of everyone asking "is she walking yet?" Is there anyone else in the same boat??

lisa, QLD, mummy to daughter Dec 02

hi, My son didn't crawl until he was 12 months old
he then took his first steps at 15 and a half months.
He was just standing in the middle of the room with a stride to ride walker and when he pushed it away he then took 3 steps to get it. Although he still
prefers to crawl as it gets him around faster.
Maybe try something on wheels that she can hold onto and push. My son is a late developer so I know what you mean when people question what stage your child is at.

lynda, SA, 1yr/3yrs

Hi, my son, Nicholas is 16 1/2 momths and he is still crawling. He is pulling himself up onto furniture to stand . If you hold his hands he will maybe do two or three steps before he decides to flop back onto the floor. Every child is different. They will walk when they are ready. I also get 'is he walking yet' etc... and at times I do get sick of hearing it. Don't worry if your child isn't walking yet they will oneday when you least expect it and then get ready to run!!! smile

Karen, Vic, Nicholas 26/10/02

My daughter walked at 10 1/2 mths, very early, so I don't have the same problem, but at she is teh only baby at her daycare to walk before 13 mths. One girl was 16 mths before she walked. I wouldn't worry about it too much, they seem to get up and walk when they're ready too. You don't know whats hit you once they do tho - she's into everything!
Also, developmentally, crawling enhances spatial awareness so the longer they crawl for the better their spatial deveopment.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

My son too walked at 10 mths, but my friend's little boy was not walking until 18 mths, and now there's no stopping him. I wouldn't worry, she will walk when she is ready. Enjoy the time you have to sit down while you can!
Hi Lisa my boy is 14months old and still not walking. I understand exactly what you mean, I am not worried as I know he will go when ready but I want him to as it is exciting when they conquer these new tasks and I also am soooo sick of hearing 'is he walking yet?' 'he must be walking by now' !

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Sign in to follow this topic