Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler's Growth and Development
  5. What are your 14 and 15 month olds doing?

What are your 14 and 15 month olds doing? Rss

Hello Mums,

I have a very active 15 month old daughter and was wondering what other 14 and 15 month olds are doing?

My daughter has been walking since 11 months and running sice 13 months...

She drinks from a cup, feeds herself and does roleplay with her toys.

She says about 10 to 15 words (when she feels like it) and tries so hard to communicate what she wants.

What are your 14 and 15 month olds doing?

Michelle
My daughter turned 14 months today and she is doing exactly what your daughter is doing. She has been trying to jump for 2 weeks now and yesterday she finally cleared both feet off the floor (much to her fright!).

She also likes to help with things around the house. If there are clothes on the floor she will take them to the laundry and put them in the dirty clothes basket. If I'm folding laundry she passes me a new item each time I finish folding another. She likes vacuuming and sweeping however, she can only brush forwards.

She follows instructions very well and if you don't understand what she is trying to say she grabs your hand and pulls you to where she can show you what she wants.

From 11 months if you asked her if she was tired and wanted to go to bed she walked to her bedroom door and held her arms up so that she could be picked up and put into the cot. And would go straight to sleep.

She is just so much fun at the moment. She comes up with a new word at least every 2 days now.
Maya is 12 1/2 mths and has been walking for two mths. She says about 10 words, some two syllables like water and teddy. She points and says that or there when she wants something and she can pick people she knows out of photographs like her dad or her grandad

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

hi my son has just turned 16 months old and is just as active as your little girl, he walks, runs, jumps, dances,claps, waves ect he also says about 15 words and ilke your daugter it is only when he wants to. he feeds himself, helps to dress himself, tries to wash himself in the bath. he loves to drw and paint as well as paste and play in sand and water i hope this was the kinda thing you were looking for
Hi baysmummy and all the other mummy's who have replied...

It is lovely to hear about what your young toddlers are up to.

Yes baymummy this is exactly what I was looking for, just wanting to know what other little ones the same age as my daughter are up to.

Thanks for taking the time to reply smile
my son is 16 months old he takes his bottle to the coffee tablw when finished and we hve a gate on the room he takes the used nappies in a bag and throws them over gate its so cute he says a few words like mum dad more bird and points at evry thing of he sees or hrear a plane he looks upand points

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

My son has just turned 14 months. He is very active. Loves playing with dirt, sand, water, sticks basically anything outside. He's getting very good at going up and down a few steps (some pretty big) and he can walk / run really fast. He likes to pour water out of cups in the bath. He points at everything and makes a noise that sounds like "what's that". Although he doesn't speak many clear words at all alot of the time his words have the general sound of what he may be trying to say.
I can see from his responses that he understands alot of what I say and he is trying to express himself more. It is such a wonderful age.

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

My son is almost 16 months old, very active, running everywhere. Went and got his shoes and gave them to me today (he's only had them for 5 days), and got upset when I didn't put them on straight away. He also gives me his bottle when he has finished the milk, but wants more. He doesn't talk yet, but makes his wishes known in other ways.
He loves to be outdoors, digging in the dirt, playing with the hose, getting into things he shouldn't.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hello everyone,

Thanks for sharing what your 14, 15, 16 month olds are doing. What an active bunch of toddlers we all have... and what an exciting age!!

I hope you will all continue to share your toddler's adventures with me.

My daughter has recently started to really talk... unfortunatley it is some baby babble that I can't fully understand, but she gets very vocal about things.

Michelle smile
Maya pu two words together for the firs time yesterday - "mummy cuddles!" Also today she said "uhoh, look". It's so amazing when you actually start to understand what they are trying to say

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Neena has also started to put two words together like, "mine, baby" and "more, toast"!! Its cute to hear all the words she says, i have tried to write in my diary just a small note each day of a new word or action she does , its intresting to see how many words she learns each week or fortnight, last week she learned 6 new words, clock(which quite often she forgets the 'l'), bee (with the bzzzzz noise aswell!!), shoes, hair, clip and flower (which comes out as fower)!!!
Its just amazing hearing and seeing all this learning!

Sarah,VIC 18mth daughter

Sign in to follow this topic