Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Sticky/Outy Belly!! Lock Rss

Hello everyone

I am reasonably new to the Huggies parent exchange and just have been looking around.

The question I want to ask is about my ds poky belly. For weight and height he is below the 50% line, but his belly seems to stick out quite a bit....is this normal?

I know it is a silly sort of question I was just wondering if there are any others out there who children have this....
He loves his food and has 3 meals and 2/3 snacks a day. He mostly eats friut and cheese and yogurt for snacks and occasionally I will give him the heinz kids crackers or muesli bar things. And of course not that often he has a biscuit or some cake or something.

I will appreciate any replies...

Thanks
Hayley
dont you know the ethiopian look is in?? smile I would say its def normal esp if he's not complaining of any pains esp when you touch it.

My boy pretty slight with a huge sticky out belly grin

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

My DD is the same, in the 5-10 percentile for weight & height but big round belly with a definite outie! I'm guessing it won't stay like that forever as I've never seen an adult like that (except pregnant women!)
Take care!

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

My 20 mo DD has a huge belly too. I've heard that some kids bellies don't go away until about 4 and that it's perfectly normal as their stomach muscles just aren't developed properly yet.

Paula - mum to Tiffany Sept 05, #2 due 11/4/08

Muffin tops! thats what our family calls my little girls belly.and she's proud of it,if you ask her where her muffin top is, shell lift upo her top and proudly show you it. It's completely normal, esp, for littlies under 3.wait until they have a growth spurt and get taller, it wont be noticeable anymore, happened with my 3 yr old as well.

DS has a pot belly too! But you have to remember there are a heap of organs and what not they have to fit in their little bodies - they have to go somewhere!
Sign in to follow this topic