Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

I don't know what to do with my 3yo Lock Rss

I am starting to get concerned about my 3yo i have started toilet training him. he will go to the toilet but only when i take him but won't do poos on the toilet he keeps doing it on the carpet. He seems to be very behind in his talking but he is getting better with it. he won't use his manners no matter how hard i try. he won't share toys and when it is time to leave somewhere he throws a huge tantrum. I am at my wits end with him. If anyone can offer any advice at all it would be fantastic.

Hi, all kids develop differently but I would be getting him checked out by your health nurse or GP, especially with his speech. If he's not able to communicate well, this could be why he's not sharing, not using manners or having tantrums when you leave somewhere. Also have you had his hearing checked? If everything is fine health wise, they'll be able to give you some pointers plus a 'problem' shared is a problem halved as the saying goes, if you're at your wits end it will be good to be able to chat to someone about your concerns.

Good luck

Hi, all kids develop differently but I would be getting him checked out by your health nurse or GP, especially with his speech. If he's not able to communicate well, this could be why he's not sharing, not using manners or having tantrums when you leave somewhere. Also have you had his hearing checked? If everything is fine health wise, they'll be able to give you some pointers plus a 'problem' shared is a problem halved as the saying goes, if you're at your wits end it will be good to be able to chat to someone about your concerns.

Good luck

I agree - get him checked out to make sure everything is ok. I would make sure he is fully assessed and if you're not satisfied, get a second opinion. Also a hearing check is a good idea, as Kristen said.

Once you have ruled out with 100% certainty any developmental issues, physical or psychological, then you will need to think of other ways to deal with it. But at least you will know for sure it's a disciplinary issue as opposed to a health issue.
Sign in to follow this topic