Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

How much weight Lock Rss

should a 4/5 year old gain a month roughly?

dont know that you could measure this as a monthly gain as im sure there would be months were there would be no change. ds is 6.5 but has only gained about 2-3 kgs since he was 5.

mum to one goregous boy

dont know that you could measure this as a monthly gain as im sure there would be months were there would be no change. ds is 6.5 but has only gained about 2-3 kgs since he was 5.

So it's ok that my 4 year old (5 in May) has gained no weight at all in about 4 months?

So it's ok that my 4 year old (5 in May) has gained no weight at all in about 4 months?

I would say it's fine smile my DS1 is 5 1/2 now and is 20kg. At 4yrs old he was 18kg and he sat at 18kg for months and months! He did get taller though

I would say it's fine smile my DS1 is 5 1/2 now and is 20kg. At 4yrs old he was 18kg and he sat at 18kg for months and months! He did get taller though

i wouldnt worry as long as he is happy and healthy and not loosing weight i wouldnt be too concerned

mum to one goregous boy

Thats ok then, dd1 weighs 17kg same as she did 4 months ago but yeah she does seem to be getting taller
My DD1 is now 26.5kg. (shes very tall and will be 6 in March) she weighed 23kg at 3. 25kg at 4 and is just recently weighing 26.5kg. She hadnt changed in weight since she was 4 so thats almost 2 years with no weight gain but she grew taller and slimmed down so maybe thats why there was no change in her weight?! Maybe call plunket line (NZ or the equivalence in Aus?)if you are concerned? =)

No idea, I stopped weighing on a regular basis years ago smile

My 5 year old (nearly 6) is 21kg and 120cm tall, has probably put on 2 or 3kg in the past year, but grown 10cm taller. Her shoe size has only changed by 1/2 a size in 12 months.... which is a nice change, her school shoes lasted a whole year.
My nearly 5yo is 20kg, and has been for at least 6 months. She has however grown 4cm in 4 months! She looks healthy & in proportion so I'm not concerned one bit. I've always gone by what she looks like rather than the numbers

Thanks everyone. I'm not too concerned, just more curious. She actually was at the doc when they weighed her and she wasn't concerned so all good.
Sign in to follow this topic