Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

OPINIONS PLEASE! Rss

What is your opinion on working yourself 5 days a week and putting your child in kinder 5 days a week

My son is doing 4 year old kinder 2-3 days a week 9-3pm we have a great routine
But I have been given a job offer and I'm freaking out

I would have to put my son in 5 days a week from 7am-530pm
I'm scared he will hate me for this and worried I'm not making the right decision!
So please open for opinions and experiences to ease my mind?

is the job you currently have supporting you and you family enough? Will the extra fees cancel out your pay increase?? Will you be unhappy with yourself if you didnt see your family as much as you do now?? these are the questions you have to ask yourself before you can come up with the best answer.

Well I was working casually before Xmas doing traffic control which was good money and working in with our life's but once Xmas came along worked died down so I just didn't worry bout it and was enjoying the time with my son and being at home with him and of course being more involved with kinder not just drop off and run! Now I'm worried that's what I will be doing drop off and run! Bcos of the rush to work! I'm close with my son we share a great bond like every mother & child I'm worried will loose that if his always at kinder

I'm starting to lean towards not doing the full time thing at all.....

I did this with my DD when she was young. I was luckily enough to have her gran to back me up if she got sick. I think kids like childcare. My DS goes now 2 days a week and loves it. When he is home with me he gets bored. You just have to go with your gut instinct. Either way your child will survive and turn out ok.

3_boys wrote:
is the job you currently have supporting you and you family enough? Will the extra fees cancel out your pay increase?? Will you be unhappy with yourself if you didnt see your family as much as you do now?? these are the questions you have to ask yourself before you can come up with the best answer.

I think this is totally what u need to be asking other than seeking what has worked with others as what u choose will be best for your family.

I couldnt leave my kids all day everyday, i worked night shifts while df watched my son until i was 38 weeks preg, now am just enjoying being home with my babies.
The extra money i earnt would just be spent on luxuries [new clothes all the time, etc etc etc] we get by as is so the extra money isnt worth loosing quality time

It's really what you are comfortable with. I initially returned to work 3 days when DS was 11 months. Recently I have returned to work 4 days and at the end of the month ill be returning full time before going on maternity leave. DS is in childcare from 7.30 to 5pm.

He loves it and never complains or gets upset. I work for my own mental health and would do so even if there was little money to be made. I love my son and the baby soon to join our family but I am not cut out to be a SaHM. I take my hat off to those who can do it.

Well I did end up taking the job opportunity and so far things are going well
My partner is looking for a new job so his home alot so my son goes in his normal 3-2 days and with my partner on his off days. It hard to say I'm I'm actually enjoying the job ! I thought I would love it I'm finding it hard to sit there all day when I'm so used to being active! But where expecting our second so ill be staying untill I have to leave which is awhile away as yet lol

Sign in to follow this topic