Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler's Growth and Development
  5. What stage of development should they be at?

What stage of development should they be at? Lock Rss

Hi there
I was just wondering what developmental skills a 2 yr old should be at. A friend of mine has a 2 yr old, and the doctors say that she is well advanced. But the thing is that my 2 yr old is alot more advanced than her. So I was wondering if anybody knows of any great books, or websites that i can look up.

Thanks mel

mel, qld, tristan 4

i have heaps of different books but they all say different things. my son is almost 23 months old, and people say he is advanced so i will tell you some of the things he can do, we can compare if you want. he says at least 60 words plus will repeat just about anything you say, can do simple wooden puzzles and shape sorters easily, can point and name his eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, tounge, belly, legs, arms, toes, kness, hands, fingers, elbows, hair, bum, and doodle lol. starting to dress himself, takes clothes and shoes off, starting to develop imaginary play, can ride a 3 wheeler scoot along bike really well, starting to learn how to use pedals on real bikes, starting to draw circle shapes, hold pen fairly well, points out objects in books, names alot of animals, can tell you what noise cats, dogs, pigs, tigers make.
im sure their is probably heaps more that i cant think of right now. feel free to email me [email protected] i would be interested to see what you 2 year old is upto.
Hi, my daughter has just turned 2 last week and is pretty much at the same level as Michelle's son. She can say upwards of about 80 words, can count to 10, knows colours and shapes, all body parts, can easily do puzzles etc, loves imaginary play,and repeats just about every word you say.
They grow so quickly, it's hard to keep up.
Hope this helps,
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

Hi
My daughter is pretty much doing what JadiasMum24 daughter is doing.

Rachel, TAS (Paige 21/6/02)

Tristan has just turned 3 now & can do anything and everything. He can count to 35 ( he gets muddled after that). He knows all of the alphabet most nursery rhymes. Speech wise really good. You can never not understand him and he is always coming up with new stories that he makes up himself. Of course he is fully toilet trained. And can also dribble a soccer ball around witches hats. He is a huge soccer fan!!!
What can somebody elses 3yr old do??????

mel, qld, tristan 4

Sign in to follow this topic