for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler's Growth and Development
  5. 14 months old eats paper and cardboard

14 months old eats paper and cardboard Lock Rss

My 14 month old daughter still eats paper and cardboard. If she gets hold of any, she doesn't just suck on it or chew it, she literally EATS it. I even have to keep board books out of reach when I'm not around because she will literally bite chunks out of the sides of them. Anyone else experience this? How do I stop it?

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

Hi carra, my son used to do this too, I too had to hide his board books because he would chew them and eat the paper if I didn't rush to him and remove it from his mouth. I think he just grew out of doing this at around 18 months. I still have his little books with the chew marks in them. It is funny how we forget the things they used to do when younger until this post reminded me again.
smile

Vaccines: Question what you're told...

Mine too, in fact I even have to make sure there's no crumbs on the floor or she finds them and pops them in her mouth. My daughters not really a fussy eater but when I make something that she all of a sudden doesn't like, I cannot for the life of me understand why cardboard and paper would taste so much better.

I just say no, not in your mouth 3 times before I take it off of her. Not really working yet but I'll just keep persisting.

Not really a help but at least you knows there's more of us. Hope you have better luck.

3 beautiful girls, 4yrs, 2yrs and 10mths

I know exactly what you are going through and I have no idea how to stop it. Our DD eats any paper products - including toilet paper. We simply move anything made from paper away from her grasp.
Hopefully they will grow out of it soon.

Karen, Auckland

Carra

I had to laugh my daughter was just like that!!!
When she learned to walk she got the end of the toilet paper and pulled it, when i got her she quickly ran away and was quickly shoving it in her mouth before i took it off her.

Leanne, Eliza Jade 17/1/05

Sign in to follow this topic