Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

Weight for 1 year old Lock Rss

Hi all my daughter Jaye is 1 years old and the other day she got her needles for 12 months old and she also got weighed as well and her weighed is 10.48kg and some people have said to me that she under weight for her age.

Jaye is happy and healthy little girl.

What do you mums reckon?

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi, I wouldn't let it bother you if your daugther is happy and healthy. So much emphasis is put on weight and size and it is scary just how early we start to worry about these things. I try to think of it in adult terms. People can weigh the same but be completely different body shapes and clothes sizes. I have a 10.5 month old little girl who weighs 10kg already, she is very long and skinny but already weighs about the same as your little girl. 10.48kg sounds like a damn healthy weight to me. smile Hope this helps.

Kaz

Karen, NSW, 1 baby girl

Hi Tracey
Your daughter's weight sounds lovely. My daughter is 3 yrs old and weighs 9.8kg. At 12 months old she weighed approx 5.8kg. As long as she is healthy don't worry what other people say.

Kath

Mum to Brooke 23.2 weeks, 450 grams now 3.5 yrs

As the others have said if she is happy and healthy don't worry. My DS didn't reach 10kg until he was 18mths and concidering he was born a healthy 4.1kg. Luckly my GP and CHN agreed with me that he was just a tall skinny boy.
DD was 10kg and my GP/CHN wasn't worried. She is short and tubby - hee hee !!! I'm not sure what she weighs now, look forward to the 18 month checkup as per the blue book (via CHN). Hopefully we wont need to see the GP before then (fingers crossed).

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

my son was about 8kg at 12 months, he is now 15months and weighs only 10kg.

he is very healthy so dont worry about what people say.
Hi Hannah was 10.3 kg at her 12 month check up. Its funny that people tell you your daughter is under weight when everyone tells me Hannah is a fair size for that age lol
Some people just got to make comments on somethings. Dont worry if bub is healthy thats all that matters!

Hannah 5/6/05 and Patrick 12/6/07

Hi thats a good weight girls are ment to be small and feminine mine is 26mnths and she's 10.5kg shes only put on one kilos since she was one.They are all diferent and youll know if your child is sick mothers know best (lol)

liena, 2yr old and 3month old

Hi there

My DD is nearly 20 month and she only weighs 9.5 kg but she was prem so apparently she will catch up soon.

She is long and skinny, but very healthy and happy.

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

hello, my son trey is 11 months on the 16 august, he has been up and down from 9.8kg - 10.3kg for the last 2 months and everywhere i go i get told he is huge which i don't think he is, i talked to my chn nurse and most bubs will hit 10kg and stay there for almost a year, they will go up and down like a yoyo. as long as she eats well she should be fine, and as for her being under weight there is no way, i think she sounds healthy to me. i hope that helps
i wouldnt worry, trey has been 10 kg and up and down a couple hundred grams since 8 months and everyone always tells me "he is a chubby little thing"i think really people should keep ther oppions to them self and it would make our job as worrying mums much easier. if she is happy and healthy dont worry what everyone else thinks
Hi there,

I wouldn't worry about what other people have to say Jaye is at an ideal weight for her age and what they should comment on is how healthy and happy your little girl is and what a wonderful job you have done. My boy at 12months weighed in at 11.3kg and certain people were telling me that he is over weight according to my doctor and the clinic nurses they say that he is a very healthy child and I should be proud plus my hubby is 6 foot 4 so my little boy won't be little for long he is already as tall as a two year old in his day care.

Keep up the great work.

Speedy

Sign in to follow this topic